Second opinion for First time upgrader

Hello everyone, I was looking for a second opinion on my planned upgrades. Mainly, whether or not I've fracked up somewhere (gone too overboard on one thing, but neglected another).

Budget (including currency): $2400-2700 AUD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 3A titles mainly

Other details:

Currently running:
CPU: Intel Core I5 4690 3.5GHz

Motherboard: MSI H97 Gaming 3
Memory: 16GB DDR3
Graphics: GTX 1060 6GB
HDD: 1TB WD (internal), 2TB (external)
SSD: 125GB Samsung evo (Boot Drive)
Power Supply: Corsair 650W
Case: NZXT Phantom
Monitor: BenQ VZ2350 (1920x1080 @ 60Hz)
Cooling: 1x 120mm Case fan, H80i v2

Planned Upgrades (all parts are being sourced from a local store/warehouse (pccasegear.com)):
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X - $399
Motherboard: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Ultra - $529
Memory: 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz - $319
Graphics: GTX 1060 6GB (from last build)
HDD: 1TB WD (internal, from last build)
SSD: 1TB WD (to replace the 125GB boot) - $229

2TB Samsung evo (internal, to replace the external for game storage) - $479

Power Supply: Corsair 750W - $189
Case: Cooler Master CM590 III (to Future proof for an eventual upgrade to a GTX 1660 or AMD equiv.) - $89
Cooling: 1x 120mm Case fan, and H80i v2 from previous build
1x 120mm Case fan. - $15
Periphiral/extra: 4 to 1 SATA Power cable - $12
Logitech 502 Hero - $109
SATA 3.0 Data Cable - $4

Arctic Silver ArctiClean - $19
Noctua NT-H1 Thermal Compound (3.5g, 0.12oz) - $16
Corsair AMD AM4 Retention Bracket kit for H80i - $12

Current Cost: $2420

Thanks in advance.

i think 16 gb are more than enough when you don't do 4k or higher video editing, i wouldn't go for the 2tb ssd but use hdd. combine that with the used price for a 1060 6gb and you probably will get a 2060su/2070 that would be the best choice in my opinion and don't waist for then 15 bucks on the x variant

1 minute ago, maxdei said:

i think 16 gb are more than enough when you don't do 4k or higher video editing, i wouldn't go for the 2tb ssd but use hdd. combine that with the used price for a 1060 6gb and you probably will get a 2060su/2070 that would be the best choice in my opinion and don't waist for then 15 bucks on the x variant

Cheers for the advice. I already have the 1060, and I was considering running that till I have some more $ for an up spec.

As someone that has an old h100i v2. Ditch the AIO. If you got it around the same time as the 4690.

My H100i can't keep up anymore with my 2700X and while yes, it's not as power hungry as a 3600x, with such a big build, just get something to replace it. (I had a 4690K @ 4.4Ghz)

Either get a mid-range aircooler (AUD prices, something around 60-70 dollars?) or go full out with a decent AIO, but that's easily double the price and not worth the money for your cpu.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

1 minute ago, samcool55 said:

As someone that has an old h100i v2. Ditch the AIO. If you got it around the same time as the 4690.

My H100i can't keep up anymore with my 2700X and while yes, it's not as power hungry as a 3600x, with such a big build, just get something to replace it. (I had a 4690K @ 4.4Ghz)

Either get a mid-range aircooler (AUD prices, something around 60-70 dollars?) or go full out with a decent AIO, but that's easily double the price and not worth the money for your cpu.

Cheers for the heads up on the cooling.

im just curious of what your means to do with the oh say 975gbs left on the boot drive? or is this drive going to be a boot/storage?

1 hour ago, WookWook249 said:

Cheers for the advice. I already have the 1060, and I was considering running that till I have some more $ for an up spec.

damm thats why it told to use the money you got from selling it

Your motherboard is extremely expensive and doesn't really match the rest of your components tbh. 16GB memory for gaming is plenty for triple A titles. Your powersupply is super expensive as well and 750W is a little overkill as well - you'd be fine with 500W too! A 3600 will do just fine, but I chose a 3700X for the list below just to show you how much you can get for your money if you spend it wisely.

Here's a suggestion:

Add your other components and you'll end up at exactly ‭$2342.61‬ - this build includes a 5700XT though.