Need advice for friend

NitroMoonshine
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

It should be fine, the 3800X takes 105W of power and the 2080 Super takes 250W. So that's 355W plus ~75W for the other components, which is 430W. Usually you want some head room for your PSU, but it should work until his PSU comes in from backorder

My friend recently bought all of his pc parts for a new pc. he has a ryzen 7 3800x and a rtx 2080 super , his power supply is back ordered (even tried other sites cant really find the one he wants that will ship any time soon) and he has a 550w corsair power supply (dont know the rating) would he be okay to use this as long as he didnt overclock or anything?

Should be fine, assuming he doesn't have a ton of drives connected.

Pizza is the best food group

It should be fine, the 3800X takes 105W of power and the 2080 Super takes 250W. So that's 355W plus ~75W for the other components, which is 430W. Usually you want some head room for your PSU, but it should work until his PSU comes in from backorder

he only has an HDD currently , i feel like for the time being will be okay 

Just now, NitroMoonshine said:

he only has an HDD currently , i feel like for the time being will be okay 

It'll be cutting it close, but it SHOULD last long enough for the new unit to arrive.

Pizza is the best food group

14 minutes ago, NitroMoonshine said:

My friend recently bought all of his pc parts for a new pc. he has a ryzen 7 3800x and a rtx 2080 super , his power supply is back ordered (even tried other sites cant really find the one he wants that will ship any time soon) and he has a 550w corsair power supply (dont know the rating) would he be okay to use this as long as he didnt overclock or anything?

WHAT Corsair 550W PSU?  What PSU did he want that is back ordered?