Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

First timer here need help picking new PSU

USGPLaYz
 Share

Hi so im a first timer when building a PC

so i bought this pc a couple years ago and im looking to upgrade it but the problem is i need a new psu (the old one is a atx 500b and i want to use a gtx 1050ti)

can anyone help me pick a new PSU under 100$

 

Motherboard:A68HM GRENADE (MS-7891)

thank you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

As questionable of a power supply as that is, I still see no problem with it running a 1050Ti. Those cards barely draw any power at all. 

 

What are the other specs of your PC? Do you currently have a dedicated GPU? 

"Rawr XD"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, USGPLaYz said:

Motherboard:A68HM GRENADE (MS-7891)

unless your power supply is also a grenade, what do you need the new one for?

 

4 minutes ago, USGPLaYz said:

the old one is a atx 500b

are you referring to the EVGA 500B? Not really a terrible PSU to run a 1050 ti with, since it's not very demanding.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

 

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

 

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - dark mode Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

 

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus threadUserbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Aniallation said:

As questionable of a power supply as that is, I still see no problem with it running a 1050Ti. Those cards barely draw any power at all. 

 

What are the other specs of your PC? Do you currently have a dedicated GPU? 

I dont have a dedicated GPU yet  but i have  

CPU: AMD A4-6300 HD Graphics 3.60Ghz

RAM:8GB

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, USGPLaYz said:

I dont have a dedicated GPU yet  but i have  

CPU: AMD A4-6300 HD Graphics 3.60Ghz

RAM:8GB

Is this the PSU we're talking about?

 

hantol-550-watt-atx-quiet-power-supply-w

"Rawr XD"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Aniallation said:

Is this the PSU we're talking about?

 

hantol-550-watt-atx-quiet-power-supply-w

yea the exact one

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, USGPLaYz said:

Hi so im a first timer when building a PC

so i bought this pc a couple years ago and im looking to upgrade it but the problem is i need a new psu (the old one is a atx 500b and i want to use a gtx 1050ti)

can anyone help me pick a new PSU under €92.29

 

Motherboard:A68HM GRENADE (MS-7891)

thank you

Enermax RevoBron 500w

the best ever

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, USGPLaYz said:

yea the exact one

Honestly, send it

 

22A on the 12V rail on that PSU is nothing to write home about (it uses the old school trick to inflate it's wattage rating by having a big 5V rail instead), but with an A4 and a 1050Ti, you will pretty much never see a realistic gaming load pulling even half that much amperage from it.

 

Power_01.png 

 

(And that's total power consumption from the wall with an overclocked i7)

 

Heck my 1050Ti and i5-2400 has ran off a 240W FSP PSU for years and still is. Never once had an issue.

"Rawr XD"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×