Power Supply Surges

Go to solution Solved by Guest,

While Asus Anti-Surge is shitty, your Penguin 550W is equally as shitty.

They only sell it in Australia because it can't meet safety and efficiency requirements of other parts of the world.

Replace the PSU.

On 5/14/2020 at 12:22 AM, Spotty said:

Your CMOS battery is most likely dead. 

Hi again, I know this is question is irrelevant to the psu topic but since we were on the topic on CMOS batteries i might as well ask it here.

So I have this cheap $3 mouse that I used to use with my "Penguin PC" and whenever I shut my PC down I'd notice that the red laser light would still be ON even though the PC was OFF. Was this red laser light drawing power from the CMOS battery? (I've since threw that mouse out but I used for 3 ish years).

14 minutes ago, HairyChickens said:

Hi again, I know this is question is irrelevant to the psu topic but since we were on the topic on CMOS batteries i might as well ask it here.

So I have this cheap $3 mouse that I used to use with my "Penguin PC" and whenever I shut my PC down I'd notice that the red laser light would still be ON even though the PC was OFF. Was this red laser light drawing power from the CMOS battery? (I've since threw that mouse out but I used for 3 ish years).

No. USB devices draw power from 5VSB from the power supply when the system is "Shut down".

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450