Miner detecting in windows 10

RokasM

Hello, my PC CPU load randomly spikes upto 90% and stays like that. When I try to start task manager it goes back to normal load, so I can't see what causes it. I tried scanning with Malwarebytes, didn't help. Tried searching for it in msconfig, didn't find anything either. Can anyone suggest any software to find that virus, or the only option is trying to reinstall windows?

Try running Autoruns from https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/autoruns. Look through it and see if you can spot and software you don't immediately recognize. If you're not sure what you're looking at, send over a screenshot.

Make sure to quote me or use @PorkishPig to notify me that you replied!

Desktop

CPU - Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler - Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570-PLUS RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 32GB Case - Meshify C

GPU - RTX 3080 FE PSU - Straight Power 11 850W Platinum Storage - 980 PRO 1TB, 960 EVO 500GB, S31 1TB, MX500 500GB | OS - Windows 11 Pro

Homelab

CPU - Core i5-11400 | Cooler - Noctua NH-U12S | Motherboard - ASRock Z590M-ITX RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 32GB (2x16)  | Case - Node 304

PSU - EVGA B3 650W | Storage - 860 EVO 256GB, Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB, WD Red 4TB (x6 in RAIDZ1 w/ LSI 9207-8i) | OS - TrueNAS Scale (Debian)

how do you know your cpu spikes to 90% if you can't see it in task manager? also, if task manager solves the issue, just keep task manager open all the time.

6 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

how do you know your cpu spikes to 90% if you can't see it in task manager? also, if task manager solves the issue, just keep task manager open all the time.

I use "Open Hardware Monitor" for monitoring temps and loads on my PC. And keeping task manager is not an option for me. If there is a problem I need to remove it.

2 hours ago, RokasM said:

Up

Did you run Autoruns like @PorkishPig suggested?   If not I highly suggest you do as it will tell you a lot of information about what's set to run on your system.  It's much more detailed than Msconfig. 

There are some other tools you can use to find deeper malware, and even malware that's not on a signature database (that's if there IS a miner).  But run autoruns first and let us know what you find.

I ran Autoruns as @PorkishPig said. Snd found some kind of doenloader. Disabled it and it helped. Thanks a lot for help!