1660 Ti Strix OC BIOS switch, screwed "P" and "Q" mode

frozensun

My friends,this card is totally fuc..ed up.Few days back I was keeping it in "P" mode and the fans were stopping in idle.

Because I have issue with fans,I switched it to "Q" mode to check if the fan noise will be notecable..and boom fans were working all the time which is quite opposite.

As you can see on website fans should stop in "Q" mode not in "P" mode.

I did remove the MSI AB long time ago because I thought that AB was keeping the fans spin all the time,I noticed that in fan speed and GPU TWEAK II that fans spin at % speed automatic given via AB.So I removed it long time ago but card is still working crazy.

One thing is left to me is to even remove uninstall GPU Tweak II and see how the card will behave but I need it's OSD settings in games.

I think probably dunno but there were some traces of MSI AB left in system,so it messes the card pretty bad or smth is wrong with it.

What to do guys,this is frustrating me a lot.

I know one member who have same card told me he gets 0 db Mode (fans stop) no matter in which mode he sets the BIOS,and that is not the case with my card.

Or GPU TWEAK II is "confusing" the card somehow...I even switched to newer version same problems...

What do you guys suggest me to do?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

1 hour ago, frozensun said:

My friends,this card is totally fuc..ed up.Few days back I was keeping it in "P" mode and the fans were stopping in idle.

Because I have issue with fans,I switched it to "Q" mode to check if the fan noise will be notecable..and boom fans were working all the time which is quite opposite.

As you can see on website fans should stop in "Q" mode not in "P" mode.

I did remove the MSI AB long time ago because I thought that AB was keeping the fans spin all the time,I noticed that in fan speed and GPU TWEAK II that fans spin at % speed automatic given via AB.So I removed it long time ago but card is still working crazy.

One thing is left to me is to even remove uninstall GPU Tweak II and see how the card will behave but I need it's OSD settings in games.

I think probably dunno but there were some traces of MSI AB left in system,so it messes the card pretty bad or smth is wrong with it.

What to do guys,this is frustrating me a lot.

I know one member who have same card told me he gets 0 db Mode (fans stop) no matter in which mode he sets the BIOS,and that is not the case with my card.

Or GPU TWEAK II is "confusing" the card somehow...I even switched to newer version same problems...

What do you guys suggest me to do?

Update to the latest firmware and see what happens

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

29 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Update to the latest form and see what happens

No such on website...ermmm this is not MoBo..

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

1 minute ago, frozensun said:

No such on website...ermmm this is not MoBo..

Latest firmware for the GPU 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

Latest firmware for the GPU 

where do you see the link?

https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/ROG-STRIX-GTX1660TI-O6G-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/

19 minutes ago, frozensun said:

You do to your GPU model and flash it with the correct firmware it's just like the mobo bios just for the GPU 

Just be 100000% sure that you do it correctly because you could brick your GPU if you do it in the wrong way

Build Log: 

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

You do to your GPU model and flash it with the correct firmware it's just like the mobo bios just for the GPU 

what is wrong with you?Where do you see link to firmware??