pcpartbuilder query

When making a build I saw estimated power usage. How accurate would you guys say that is?

Dont pay a lot of attention to that but get a psu with 75% more of what it says like if it was 300 get 525 psu but like i said it not that important.

1 minute ago, MiinD said:

Dont pay a lot of attention to that but get a psu with 75% more of what it says like if it was 300 get 525 psu but like i said it not that important.

Nah I have a decent psu, just curious how much I'll be paying to run my upgraded machine compared to now.

4 hours ago, Aree Soothsayer said:

Nah I have a decent psu, just curious how much I'll be paying to run my upgraded machine compared to now.

Do you know how much you currently consume under the load? The estimates on those sites are based of spec sheet of maximum power draw per component. You won't hit those numbers unless you really do stress whole system, like folding or stress testing CPU and GPU at the same time. Most games and productivity software won't be using both CPU and GPU to full at the same time.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Do you know how much you currently consume under the load? The estimates on those sites are based of spec sheet of maximum power draw per component. You won't hit those numbers unless you really do stress whole system, like folding or stress testing CPU and GPU at the same time. Most games and productivity software won't be using both CPU and GPU to full at the same time.

I know that but if you hit the Estimated Watts it pops up a minipage with Min -> Max values. 

Also I do have a game that pins my cpu and gpu to 100% right now. XD

7 hours ago, Aree Soothsayer said:

When making a build I saw estimated power usage. How accurate would you guys say that is?

Not very accurate, or rather it estimates the wattages kind of weird.

You can click on that power estimate and see how it came up with that.

Usually I just check what the CPU uses, what the GPU uses and add 100W.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/