Good day! I have budget gaming PC:

-RYZEN 3 2200g

-MSI A320M PRO

-16 gb DDR4 ram 2400mhz

-RX 580

-1TB HDD & 240 SSD

-6 fans

-(bad PSU)

I just wanted to ask for suggestions for my PSU, I'm planning to buy a new one. I'm looking for a budget PSU that's bang for the buck with my build.

An MWE 550w should satisfy your build, amazing bang for buck. I ran R5 3600 and GTX1060 with the 500w model, so yours shouldn't be a problem with the 550w.

34 minutes ago, Swallowtail said:

An MWE 550w should satisfy your build, amazing bang for buck. I ran R5 3600 and GTX1060 with the 500w model, so yours shouldn't be a problem with the 550w.

how about Corsair CV Series CV550? It's really cheap tho

8 hours ago, Sanunechi said:

Good day! I have budget gaming PC:

-RYZEN 3 2200g

-MSI A320M PRO

-16 gb DDR4 ram 2400mhz

-RX 580

-1TB HDD & 240 SSD

-6 fans

-(bad PSU)

I just wanted to ask for suggestions for my PSU, I'm planning to buy a new one. I'm looking for a budget PSU that's bang for the buck with my build.

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/500w-evga-80-plus-fully-wired-sli-crossfire-single-rail-40a-plus12v-120mm-fan-atx-psu

good option

JOIN THE FIGHT AGAINST COVID-19 BY RUNNING FOLDING AT HOME!!

have a look at the thread below if your interested:

Home gaming and general work rig: CPU: 2700x with stock cooler Ram: Corsair vengeance pro RGB 16gb GPU: RX570 4GB (upgrading soon) Storage: 1x 500gb crucial SSD + 1tb HDD Mobo: B450-F gaming PSU: Corsair rmx550Case: Corsair 275R

F@H rig (In office and used for work too) CPU: 3600 Ram: Viper 16gb ram Mobo: B550-Tomahawk GPU's 1x 2080 super 1x 2060 super Storage: SN750 1tb Case: PC 011 Air PSU: Corsair RM850 Fans: 6x Noctua NF-12

Remember to quote me so I can see your reply!

Always Reply with a question if you have one! 😃

7 hours ago, Nine Tailed Fox said:

The fact that there is an EVGA N1 400W there demonstrates that you should not trust the advice in that video. He even mistakenly refers to it as an 80+ white certified power supply when it actually cannot even meet those basic efficiency requirements.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

On 5/6/2020 at 12:18 PM, Sanunechi said:

how about Corsair CV Series CV550? It's really cheap tho

That also works. So long as it's not a cheap psu from gamemax or aerocool or some shit like that. CV550 should be fine for your build.

On 5/5/2020 at 9:43 PM, Swallowtail said:

1 hour ago, Swallowtail said:

That also works. So long as it's not a cheap psu from gamemax or aerocool or some shit like that. CV550 should be fine for your build.

You are incapable of giving proper recommendations. Please stop.

On 5/5/2020 at 7:12 PM, Sanunechi said:

Where are you located and what is your budget?

14 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

You are incapable of giving proper recommendations. Please stop.

Exactly what is wrong from my recommendations? My Ryzen 5 3600 OC'd to 4000mhz and GTX1060 OC'd to 2076mhz and 4200 mem clock ran perfectly fine with a MWE 500w. Our specs and as far as TDPs concerned, are also identical. So what would you recommend? A fucking 1200w titanium psu? You make me laugh.

5 minutes ago, Swallowtail said:

Exactly what is wrong from my recommendations? My Ryzen 5 3600 OC'd to 4000mhz and GTX1060 OC'd to 2076mhz and 4200 mem clock ran perfectly fine with a MWE 500w. Our specs and as far as TDPs are concerned, are also identical. So what would you recommend? A fucking 1200w titanium psu? You make me laugh.

Both the CV550 and the Cooler Master MVE (non V2) are old double forward, group regulated PSU platforms that are from over a decade ago. 

In 2020, it's not something you want to suggest as an upgrade path beyond "I'm adding an optical drive to my Pentium IV".

500W ≠ 500W.  If the opposite were true, we should all just run out and buy the cheapest 500W PSU available.

5 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

Both the CV550 and the Cooler Master MVE (non V2) are old double forward, group regulated PSU platforms that are from over a decade ago. 

In 2020, it's not something you want to suggest as an upgrade path beyond "I'm adding an optical drive to my Pentium IV".

500W ≠ 500W.  If the opposite were true, we should all just run out and buy the cheapest 500W PSU available.

What does it matter? I didn't say to buy the cheapest PSU in the market lmao stop putting words in my mouth. OP wants a safe, usable bang for buck PSU that he can use, so i, based on my experience on using the product, recommended the PSU to him. The difference is that i speak from my 3 years experience of using this PSU with a PC that is similar to OP's while you're spewing bullshit based on spec sheets. Have a nice day.

3 hours ago, Swallowtail said:

The difference is that i speak from my 3 years experience of using this PSU with a PC that is similar to OP's while you're spewing bullshit

Talks to the head of Corsair PSU department with 10+ years experience in reviewing PSUs. LMFAO

based on spec sheets

Sure, that's literally the only thing about PSUs that matters.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

What does it matter? I didn't say to buy the cheapest PSU in the market lmao stop putting words in my mouth. OP wants a safe, usable bang for buck PSU that he can use, so i, based on my experience on using the product, recommended the PSU to him. The difference is that i speak from my 3 years experience of using this PSU with a PC that is similar to OP's while you're spewing bullshit based on spec sheets. Have a nice day.

It might be experience, but it's still opinion-based. In contrast to the PSU Tier list, which is fact-based.

34 minutes ago, Max1996LTT said:

It might be experience, but it's still opinion-based. In contrast to the PSU Tier list, which is fact-based.

And who defined this tier list as facts? It is just as opinion based as my experience. Also you don't need an s or a or b whatever tier PSU to run that rig.

54 minutes ago, Juular said:

Talks to the head of Corsair PSU department with 10+ years experience in reviewing PSUs. LMFAO

Sure, that's literally the only thing about PSUs that matters.

Him being the head of Corsair PSU department doesn't make him have the right to deem my recommendation invalid without giving the recommendation himself. I have used this PSU for 3 years, this specific brand, on a similar specs pc, thus i have a right to recommend this PSU. Him coming into this thread invalidating my recommendation while not providing one himself is laughable, to say the least. 

10 minutes ago, Swallowtail said:

I have used this PSU for 3 years, this specific brand, on a similar specs pc, thus i have a right to recommend this PSU.

Yeah, 'it works therefore it's good' argument, no, it doesn't work like that. People are buying crappy ass PSUs for a change from their 1000$ gaming systems and then come to this forum asking what's wrong with their PC. If you don't get what he's saying i'd elaborate : 'don't buy group regulated PSUs'. All PSUs that were recommended here so far are group regulated, Corsair CV550, EVGA N1 & W1, CM MWE 500W, can't put them in the PC with 200W GPU and expect it to work just fine, the fact that you haven't encountered (or didn't notice) any problems noticed with your PC using this PSUs doesn't tell anything, as other people would. As for recommendations, we have a tier list here (it's pinned in this forum section), @Sanunechi, go check it out, you didn't say where you are buying from and what's your budget so that's as far as i recommend smth.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

25 minutes ago, Swallowtail said:

And who defined this tier list as facts? It is just as opinion based as my experience. Also you don't need an s or a or b whatever tier PSU to run that rig.

Said tier list actually being based on those spec sheets you wrote off as useless. Need I remind you those are the facts that are important to know when deciding on a quality PSU?

On 5/5/2020 at 7:12 PM, Sanunechi said:

2 hours ago, Swallowtail said:

Him being the head of Corsair PSU department doesn't make him have the right to deem my recommendation invalid without giving the recommendation himself.

Which is precisely why I asked:

12 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

We have people here from all over the world.

What's a "better value" in the UK is completely different than what's a better value in Poland, Japan, Germany, etc.

And with the tariff situation in the U.S., you can't even get 75% of the Chinese made product anymore because the companies that typically import the product are not based in the U.S. and would rather spend their money focusing on other regions.  So many of the options in the U.S. are either overpriced or unavailable.

So sure... I can make a recommendation or two.  But is it the best value?  Is it even available?  Don't know until we know where OP is shopping.