Slim "stealth" case recommendations?

I'm looking for a slim "stealth" (as little bling such as window, lights, logos etc. as possible) case:

• Fits a mini-ITX board (or up to ATX if not compromising height/depth more than necessary).
  • Fits a regular size ATX PSU (I have a Corsair HX1200i which I'm not interested in replacing).
  • Fits large size graphics cards such as ASUS ROG STRIX 1080 (~15x30x4 cm).
  • Accomodates decent airflow for low noise build.
  • Has no drive bays.

So far my best bet is BitFenix Pandora Core (16 cm wide). It's not perfect, but almost there:

• Not as stealth as I'd prefer (I'm a big fan of Fractal Design Define Nano S, but it's way too wide).
  • A bit of wasted space for water cooling in the front.
  • Hard to find a retailer that sells the windowless version at my location.
  • Missing specs for graphics card width and PSU length.

What are your recommendations?

27 minutes ago, Woodgnome said:

I'm looking for a slim stealth (as few fancy looking bits as possible) case that'll be able to house either a regular ATX or mini-ITX board like ASUS B450-I, standard ATX power supply (I have a Corsair HX1200i which I'm not interested in replacing) and no drive bays.

So far my best bet is BitFenix Pandora Core. It's not perfect, but almost there:

• Not as stealth as I'd prefer (I'm a big fan of Fractal Design Define Nano S, but it's way too wide).
  • A bit of wasted space for water cooling in the front.
  • Hard to find a retailer that sells the windowless version at my location.
  • Missing specs for graphics card width and PSU length.

What are your recommendations?

I have the Nano S and the two 140s at the front (if they are good) make it run cool and quiet, just what you want from a SFF.

It also takes normal ATX PSUs and it takes all but the longest of long GPUs, especially with just fans up front. Barely a handful listed here are over 315mm https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/9jr5r7/list_of_rtx_2080_ti_card_lengths/

None of that fixes the width and availability issues however.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

There is a big difference in choice depending if you go with ATX or Mini-ITX.

Fractal has the new Era ITX, but it's a bit of a mess with airflow (and perhaps too fancy for you?)

Streacom DA2 is good, can fit an ATX PSU, but max 220 GPU

Check out Raijntek, Thetis or Styx models looks good to me (never used them though).

Have you considered any be quiet! cases? Most of them have a windowed or windowless option and I think you can get any of them completely blacked out.

They have multiple tower sizes for whatever motherboard you go with

The Pure Base 500 Black is very stealth IMO

~Air Cooling Advocate~

The Core G3 is 140mm wide and holds an ATX motherboard, but only acepts an SFX psu. 

Silverstone GD09 is 170mm tall with feet included, and holds an ATX Psu. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

On 5/5/2020 at 10:37 AM, Mamonos said:

There is a big difference in choice depending if you go with ATX or Mini-ITX.

Fractal has the new Era ITX, but it's a bit of a mess with airflow (and perhaps too fancy for you?)

Streacom DA2 is good, can fit an ATX PSU, but max 220 GPU

Check out Raijntek, Thetis or Styx models looks good to me (never used them though).

Actually I really like the Era ITX (maybe I should have written "no bling" as opposed "not fancy" - original post updated to reflect this), but unfortunately it's just a tiny bit too small for the graphics card (like the other options). I've realised there are quite a few SFF cases with support for ATX power supplies, however, so that opens up my options quite a bit.

The Silverstone GD09 seems like a good compromise for an ATX build, although I'd position it vertically.

Edit

Just came across this SFF spreadsheet - some of it is quite outdated, but might be useful.

If someone else is looking for a similar case, I ended up going with the Sliger Cerberus. While you can fit an ATX PSU inside it, I wouldn't recommend it because it limits the size of your CPU cooler significantly. It's also pretty expensive, but the size it's very compact without being truly SFF, looks very clean and can fit even an EATX motherboard if you get the X version.

On 5/5/2020 at 3:10 AM, Woodgnome said:

Fits a regular size ATX PSU (I have a Corsair HX1200i which I'm not interested in replacing).

You mean a massive oversized 200mm+ psu.

A regular-size psu is 140mm.

Once you decided to go massive, your options became limited.  It’s like saying I want an itx case which fits a full eatx board.

Hey the GD09 is a possibility . . . .

If the atx psu wasn't a limiting factor I would have wholeheartedly recommended the Node 202, but the Cerberus is a great case for a m-atx build given how small it is. Just watch out that you got enough cpu cooler clearance with a full atx psu!

Daily Driver: Asus ROG Flow X13 - 5900HS/3050 Ti

Primary Desktop: NCase M1 - 5800X3D/RX 6950XT

Travel PC: Fractal Terra - 5800X/RTX 3060 Ti

I have too many computers. List here.

6 hours ago, Woodgnome said:

If someone else is looking for a similar case, I ended up going with the Sliger Cerberus. While you can fit an ATX PSU inside it, I wouldn't recommend it because it limits the size of your CPU cooler significantly. It's also pretty expensive, but the size it's very compact without being truly SFF, looks very clean and can fit even an EATX motherboard if you get the X version.

The power supply goes right above your processor blocking airflow.  I’d suggest a low profile AIO water cooling for your build.  That will work.  SG13 builds do the same.

• 3 weeks later...

What can I say, the power supply was free 🙂

If I do go with the Sliger (X) I'll definitely replace it with an SFX power supply (due to the airflow issues). Currently I'm biding my timing for some upcoming releases and thinking about a homemade build which would be similarly sized to the Sliger, but with space for the PSU (but no radiators).