How to fix windows capture sound/fullscreen issues

I am trying to record some game play from R6, but when I do i can't do full-screen, and I think it's okay, but when I watch the video i recorded after. I find the audio in game sometimes just breaks, but that doesn't happen in other games, is my potato laptop part of it. Or is there any other apps that you can recommend.

What are you using to record?

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

1 minute ago, Semper said:

What are you using to record?

the built in thing in windows, i think its from the xbox game bar

Edited by CartonBoxGuy

I have literally zero experience with the Xbox Game bar (or anything that it brings - quite frankly, I actively disable it every time I reinstall windows), so I can't speak to issue with it.

What are the specs of your laptop?

If you're able to use Shadowplay (Nvidia), give that a shot. Otherwise, try and use something like OBS.

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

I have literally zero experience with the Xbox Game bar (or anything that it brings - quite frankly, I actively disable it every time I reinstall windows), so I can't speak to issue with it.

What are the specs of your laptop?

If you're able to use Shadowplay (Nvidia), give that a shot. Otherwise, try and use something like OBS.

i5-4200

AMD R5 M230

8gb RAM

i tried to use shadowplay, but i dont have a nvidia graphics card

i set up OBS before and it worked pretty well, but it kinda brok (both versions)

16 minutes ago, CartonBoxGuy said:

i5-4200

AMD R5 M230

8gb RAM

i tried to use shadowplay, but i dont have a nvidia graphics card

i set up OBS before and it worked pretty well, but it kinda brok (both versions)

When you say that OBS "broke", what exactly does this mean? The software stopped working, recordings weren't recorded properly, something else?

Your system isn't exactly ideal for recording and playing at the same time, so what you're able to do is going to be limited by a dual core system.

You might also be able to try something like DXTory, though I have no personal experience with it. It should be a lightweight process, but the files that it creates do tend to be quite large.

22 minutes ago, Semper said:

When you say that OBS "broke", what exactly does this mean? The software stopped working, recordings weren't recorded properly, something else?

Your system isn't exactly ideal for recording and playing at the same time, so what you're able to do is going to be limited by a dual core system.

You might also be able to try something like DXTory, though I have no personal experience with it. It should be a lightweight process, but the files that it creates do tend to be quite large.

like I followed the insturction online but still the recording is still black, only if I set things to window the window shows up but if i change it to display, its just black.

I will try DXTory

Unfortunately, I'm running short on recommendations for you. Screen capture, specifically of games, isn't my strong point. I record videos so infrequently, that I basically went from the days of unregistered Hypercam to Shadowplay having not known any of the technological advancements, or alternative options that evolved during that time frame.

You might actually be better off going directly to the OBS support forums, unless someone more versed than I in screen recordings is able to come along and help you here.
https://obsproject.com/forum/list/windows-support.32/

Unfortunately, I'm running short on recommendations for you. Screen capture, specifically of games, isn't my strong point. I record videos so infrequently, that I basically went from the days of unregistered Hypercam to Shadowplay having not known any of the technological advancements, or alternative options that evolved during that time frame.

You might actually be better off going directly to the OBS support forums, unless someone more versed than I in screen recordings is able to come along and help you here.
https://obsproject.com/forum/list/windows-support.32/

Alright, thanks for your help

:)))