Need a bit of help

Wukolio

Hello guys, 

My spec is :

MB- AsRock z270extreme 4 

RAM 2x8 HyperX fury 3000mHz

GPU- Palit GTX1080TI

CPU- I7 7700k 

Having issues for example with COD MW Warzone to even cross the 120 FPS mark with all graphics settings at low , not to mention staying on consistent 144FPS. 

I feel like that this spec should have not troubles getting 144FPS.

Please help with any advise that you can give on what to improve or what to check on. 

Thanks.

5 minutes ago, Wukolio said:

Hello guys, 

My spec is :

MB- AsRock z270extreme 4 

RAM 2x8 HyperX fury 3000mHz

GPU- Palit GTX1080TI

CPU- I7 7700k 

Having issues for example with COD MW Warzone to even cross the 120 FPS mark with all graphics settings at low , not to mention staying on consistent 144FPS. 

I feel like that this spec should have not troubles getting 144FPS.

Please help with any advise that you can give on what to improve or what to check on. 

Thanks.

What resolution are you playing in?

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

13 minutes ago, Kanna said:

What resolution are you playing in?

Stander for my monitor 1920:1080 and the render is set to the resolution of the monitor. 

1 minute ago, Wukolio said:

Stander for my monitor 1920:1080 and the render is set to the resolution of the monitor. 

Is the card overclocked?

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

3 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Is the card overclocked?

I haven't touched it's settings it's basically the way it got out of the box. 

I did OC my CPU but it didn't make a difference so I just tuned it back down. 

Are all of your drivers, chipset, and bios up to date? 

Do you have any background apps or games running while trying to play?

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

1 minute ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Are all of your drivers, chipset, and bios up to date? 

Do you have any background apps or games running while trying to play?

All drivers are up to date but not the chipset  ,and bios .

1 minute ago, Wukolio said:

All drivers are up to date but not the chipset  ,and bios .

Update both the chipset and bios first, also disabling background apps and any unnecessary startup apps will help with performance. Type background apps in the settings search bar and turn them off, then open task manager and go to the startup tab and disable anything you don't need to open when the computer boots up. Are you running everything off of an SSD or a standard mechanical HDD?

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

3 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Update both the chipset and bios first, also disabling background apps and any unnecessary startup apps will help with performance. Type background apps in the settings search bar and turn them off, then open task manager and go to the startup tab and disable anything you don't need to open when the computer boots up. Are you running everything off of an SSD or a standard mechanical HDD?

Actually I just checked the manufactures software updates the chipset is updated the bios isn't and the game is running of a samsung 970 + NVME

31 minutes ago, Wukolio said:

Actually I just checked the manufactures software updates the chipset is updated the bios isn't and the game is running of a samsung 970 + NVME

Checking the average framerates of systems with the same hardware. The 7700k paired with the 1080ti is getting an average of 120fps at 1080p in warzone at max settings with lows of 98fps and highs of 148fps. It's a CPU bottleneck, the Ryzen 5 3600 paired with the 1080ti gets an average of 150fps in warzone on max settings at 1080p. Lowering your graphics settings will not raise your frames because the CPU is still bottlenecking. If your fps were to drastically go up after lowering them it would mean you had a GPU bottleneck which you clearly don't. If you want to get higher framerates you'd need to upgrade your CPU to something a bit better. I'd recommend the Ryzen 5 3600, it's price to performance is phenomenal. You'd be paying a bit more for the 9700k and would achieve similar results.

1 hour ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Checking the average framerates of systems with the same hardware. The 7700k paired with the 1080ti is getting an average of 120fps at 1080p in warzone at max settings with lows of 98fps and highs of 148fps. It's a CPU bottleneck, the Ryzen 5 3600 paired with the 1080ti gets an average of 150fps in warzone on max settings at 1080p. Lowering your graphics settings will not raise your frames because the CPU is still bottlenecking. If your fps were to drastically go up after lowering them it would mean you had a GPU bottleneck which you clearly don't. If you want to get higher framerates you'd need to upgrade your CPU to something a bit better. I'd recommend the Ryzen 5 3600, it's price to performance is phenomenal. You'd be paying a bit more for the 9700k and would achieve similar results.

Thanks for the feedback went and did some research and will probably aim towards a 9900k and a z390 MB .

17 minutes ago, Wukolio said:

Thanks for the feedback went and did some research and will probably aim towards a 9900k and a z390 MB .

Yeah, I usually start out with the 3600 when I don't know the budget. The 3600 or 9700k and above should bump you up into the performance area you want to be in.