Laptop for a friend

Hi guys

My friend is considering a move from console to PC but he want's a laptop.  When it comes to laptop i'm pretty useless so i was looking for some advice on a good laptop. i found the below but i don't know if this is a good price/deal. from the link you should have a good idea of price range(slightly flexible) and location. It's mostly for gaming and just watching/browsing. doesn't do any other kind of heavy work load.

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/173-asus-tuf-gaming-a17-fa706iu-h7015t-fortress-gray-120hz-fhd-ryzen-7-gtx-1660ti-16gb-ddr4

Thanks for any advice.

Seems like a mid level gamer tier laptop, 

have you looked at Dell xps or Alienware? 

I would side towards one of an asus laptop personally, I would always go to a brand i trust and work from there. personally for me and laptops its Lenovo, but I am not sure they make any gaming ones. 

ICT professional, Addicted to PC

13 minutes ago, Technane said:

Seems like a mid level gamer tier laptop, 

have you looked at Dell xps or Alienware? 

I would side towards one of an asus laptop personally, I would always go to a brand i trust and work from there. personally for me and laptops its Lenovo, but I am not sure they make any gaming ones. 

I did look at alienware , M15 was the closest in price and it only had 8gb ram at 2666mhz when i matched the parts close to the Asus it was almost £2500. similar issue with Lenovo too. Laptops are such a pain.

Yeah you can't really get gaming grade laptops for cheap! they carry a hefty price, you can normally build a stellar desktop for the same cash. 

ICT professional, Addicted to PC

3 hours ago, razor_fist said:

Hi guys

My friend is considering a move from console to PC but he want's a laptop.  When it comes to laptop i'm pretty useless so i was looking for some advice on a good laptop. i found the below but i don't know if this is a good price/deal. from the link you should have a good idea of price range(slightly flexible) and location. It's mostly for gaming and just watching/browsing. doesn't do any other kind of heavy work load.

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/173-asus-tuf-gaming-a17-fa706iu-h7015t-fortress-gray-120hz-fhd-ryzen-7-gtx-1660ti-16gb-ddr4

Thanks for any advice.

The Asus A15 and A17 are among the best options for mi range gaming laptops at the moment so your pick is very good. It's got the most advanced laptop CPU currently available, a solid GPU, good screen and massive battery. Not to mention very good keyboard and okay cooling

Look into preowned, refurbished gaming laptops. you can find laptops with better specs for about that price. 

(Make sure you go through a reputable website/ store when buying refurbished! Look on Amazon for the "Amazon certified Refurbished")