What is a good ryzen 3700x mobo

I have looked online and most b450 boards that people recommend are not in stock anymore.

What is a board that is in stock that is good to be used, I plan to OC and have 3600 memory

like $150 and under if it can be. I like the $114 - $130 range the best

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

This is a good place for you to start. 

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

33 minutes ago, blu4 said:

I have looked online and most b450 boards that people recommend are not in stock anymore.

What is a board that is in stock that is good to be used, I plan to OC and have 3600 memory

like $150 and under if it can be. I like the $114 - $130 range the best

Might consider waiting for these b550 boards to drop.

PBO is going to get most of the juice out of your chip

14 minutes ago, FruitBasketSilex said:

This is a good place for you to start. 

Took a look at it.  Anything tier d and above for 3700x I think?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just now, Bombastinator said:

Took a look at it.  Anything tier d and above for 3700x I think?

Correct-o-rino, amigo. 

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

2 minutes ago, StarsMars said:

Might consider waiting for these b550 boards to drop.

PBO is going to get most of the juice out of your chip

I like to learn. What is PBO? 

Spoiler

This is more persoal preference but I highly recommend a x570 chipset for high speed rams because Ryzen really takes advantage of the highspeed ram and x570 chipset is one of the few AM4 chipsets that support them (many support max 3200mhz or 3400mhz). a budget choice is the ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4S for 140 usd

Also I dont think the b450 supports OC for 3600mhz but the x570 does support 3600mhz OC

2 minutes ago, theDragoon007 said:

This is more persoal preference but I highly recommend a x570 chipset for high speed rams because Ryzen really takes advantage of the highspeed ram. a budget choice is the ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4S for 140 usd

X570 has no effect on ram vs any of the other am4 board types I think.  There are a couple ways ram can be laid out and some can be a bit faster, but I don’t think the chipset affects this.  It might be possible that there are some x570 boards that do this.  I’m remembering two layout systems for memory traces one of which is “daisy chain” which was the older style I think..  It affected only some types of memory that most people don’t have, the effect wasn’t massively large, and it wasn’t on all x570 boards.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

7 minutes ago, theDragoon007 said:

Also I dont think the b450 supports OC for 3600mhz but the x570 does support 3600mhz OC

This im pretty sure is not the case.  You can theoretically OC on an a series mobo you are merely very likely to blow the VRM.  Some b450 boards will have an issue perhaps.  There is a tierlist link on this thread that can differentiate.

11 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

This im pretty sure is not the case.  You can theoretically OC on an a series mobo you are merely very likely to blow the VRM.  Some b450 boards will have an issue perhaps.  There is a tierlist link on this thread that can differentiate.

Yeah why im i even answering to these im lost in the early 2010s 

23 minutes ago, theDragoon007 said:

Heh.  I’m still kinda there.  Been trying to claw my way out for months now.  Getting somewhat better.  Mostly I just talk about fans and cooling which hasn’t changed much, and try to disentangle confused questions so people with more knowledge can answer more easily.  The whole “everything AMD is now overclockable and multithreaded” was a move AMD made a few years ago.   Downside is you can now quite easily stick a high wattage chip in a low wattage board and pop the vram.

1 hour ago, theDragoon007 said:

I feel that. My knowledge in pc parts is so out of date its like im in a new world again lol. I took like 5 years off from the tech world just due to life being busy.

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/