motherboard chipset for Ryzen 5 1600

10 minutes ago, mariushm said:

a320 only has 2 memory slots and less support for high ram frequencies (up to 2933 mhz is usual, when a cpu like 1600 would love 3000-3200 mhz), has minimal usb on the io shield (back of motherboard) and usually has no heatsinks on the vrm circuitry which means if you'll want to buy a more powerful processor in the future, that processor may not run at 100% because it would be slowed down by the vrm overheating (the vrm tells the cpu to reduce its frequencies or turn off some cores temporarily so that it will consume less power and give the vrm time to cool down)

Aim for b450 boards.

B350 boards should also work just fine, but you may have difficulty upgrading in the future to newer processors.

Asrock B450 Pro4 models are very good and cheap.

If those aren't available, gigabyte b450m ds3h is cheap and perfectly fine for a 1600.

Note that B550 boards are gonna launch in a month or so, so B450 boards are gonna be even rarer new in stores, as most manufacturers probably shifted production to make b550 boards.

what would be the advantages of b550 boards? will they still be released amidst the coronavirus scare? could you tell me more about them please?

😕

1 minute ago, PoopThatTookAPee said:

what would be the advantages of b550 boards? will they still be released amidst the coronavirus scare? could you tell me more about them please?

Only PCI gen 4.0 

They are going to replace b450 motherboard

Out of the box 3rd gen ryzen support 

4 minutes ago, Shreyasb said:

Only PCI gen 4.0 

They are going to replace b450 motherboard

Out of the box 3rd gen ryzen support 

is it better to wait or buy b450 motherboards now? same case with the 3100, should i wait for the relase to buy or should i purchase the 1600af

😕

7 minutes ago, PoopThatTookAPee said:

is it better to wait or buy b450 motherboards now? same case with the 3100, should i wait for the relase to buy or should i purchase the 1600af

When 3100 comes go with b550 ,

Others CPU go with b450

If are going 1600af go used b450 or b350 if u can't find then go with a320 

And remember to 

Ask the sales person to update the bios of the motherboard.

Or ur PC won't post so 

17 minutes ago, PoopThatTookAPee said:

Of course they're gonna be released.

Everyone wants a refresh, to sell more stuff.

B550 is gonna add pci-e 4.0 on cheaper boards, and as these cheaper boards are sold in higher volume, we may also see stuff like 2.5 gbps ethernet becoming more common on these new boards.

You'll maybe see more boards with 2 or 3 m.2 connectors and maybe more boards with onboard wifi.

There's probably also gonna be a few more usb 3 gen2 (10gbps) ports, but up to the motherboard maker if they enable those (placing them in the back on io shield or as connector for front panel)

And remember to 

Or ur PC won't post so 

You don't have to.

Ryzen 1600 AF is Ryzen 2nd generation, basically a Ryzen 2600. It doesn't need the bios updates required for Ryzen 3rd generation to be detected and used properly.

Also, Ryzen 3rd generation was launched around June last year.

You'd have to be really really unlucky to buy a motherboard that sat on shelves and wasn't sold since June-July last year.

Whatever you'll buy today was most likely manufactured in December-February, a few months ago, so it left the factory with Ryzen 3 bios already installed.

1 minute ago, mariushm said:

Of course they're gonna be released.

Everyone wants a refresh, to sell more stuff.

B550 is gonna add pci-e 4.0 on cheaper boards, and as these cheaper boards are sold in higher volume, we may also see stuff like 2.5 gbps ethernet becoming more common on these new boards.

You'll maybe see more boards with 2 or 3 m.2 connectors and maybe more boards with onboard wifi.

There's probably also gonna be a few more usb 3 gen2 (10gbps) ports, but up to the motherboard maker if they enable those (placing them in the back on io shield or as connector for front panel)

would these features make any major difference in performance? i am not that serious of a gamer and am really impatient about acquiring my parts and building my pc to use it asap

😕

5 minutes ago, Shreyasb said:

When 3100 comes go with b550 ,

Others CPU go with b450

If are going 1600af go used b450 or b350 if u can't find then go with a320 

And remember to 

Or ur PC won't post so 

which would you choose, wait for 3100 with b550 or get 1600AF with b450?

😕

See my edited comment.

Also, wait and see, there may be really budget b550 models that are actually better quality and performance than current b450 cheap boards.

I would not recommend anyone get less than 6 cores today, even though processors like 3100 or 3300 sound good.

Future consoles are going 8 core 16 threads and more and more games will prefer lots of cores so gaming with a 4 core processor would suck in the following years.

Just now, mariushm said:

See my edited comment.

Also, wait and see, there may be really budget b550 models that are actually better quality and performance than current b450 cheap boards.

I would not recommend anyone get less than 6 cores today, even though processors like 3100 or 3300 sound good.

Future consoles are going 8 core 16 threads and more and more games will prefer lots of cores so gaming with a 4 core processor would suck in the following years.

that is what i was sceptical about, that though the 3100 and 3300x are zen2 wiht 7nm, they have just four cores. so most probably i will wait for the b550 motherboards and combin them with a ryzen 5 1600af. is that good enough?

😕

13 hours ago, Shreyasb said:

And remember to 

Or ur PC won't post so 

I said this because some stores will have old stock in Bangalore.I have experienced myself

13 hours ago, mariushm said:

I don't think so cheaper b550 motherboard will because when b450 had launched it was selling for more than msrp in india. And only after 2-3 months the price came down a little

I still remember Asus b450 k which I paid around 7500 rupees at that time

And also due this lockdown situation demand is more and supply is less so prices are going up for sure 

And the main thing is that when b550 motherboard come they remove b450 completely 

14 hours ago, mariushm said:

It it true 6 core processor is the sweat spot and also future proofing and 1600af is always my choice but for gaming more than quad core there is no use as of now and also 3100 will have better single core performance so which might get more frames the going 1600af