Ergochair 2? Worth the $350

Pancake

Is anyone running an Ergochair 2? It looks reasonable at $350 but I wonder what the quality will be like

14 minutes ago, Pancake said:

Is anyone running an Ergochair 2? It looks reasonable at $350 but I wonder what the quality will be like

It's pretty generic. You could get a very similar chair for under $250, or even $180 in some cases. Try the secretlab omega/titan If you are/your  *insert work, study, or other 'place' here* is okay with a bucket seat design (The colors can be configured to something acceptable for an office enviornment). I have the Titan and personally love it. The differences of the Titan and Omega is that the TItan is ment for slightly larger people, costs a bit more, and has adjustable lumbar support. The omega is for Average- height adult men and women, while the titan's reccomened height starts at 5'10 feet/inches

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

2 minutes ago, geo3 said:

No. You spend 150 to 200 more and get a used Aeron.

THIS! THIS THIS THIS! VERY MUCH THIS!

Search your local Craigslist for Aerons. There should be people on there buying used Aerons from businesses and refurbishing them for sale for a fraction of the cost. I bought my Aeron almost 10 years ago and it's still as good as the day I bought it.

1 minute ago, kontradictions said:

Search your local Craigslist for Aerons. There should be people on there buying used Aerons from businesses and refurbishing them for sale for a fraction of the cost.

Amazon and eBay have them for around that much also.

2 minutes ago, kontradictions said:

I bought my Aeron almost 10 years ago and it's still as good as the day I bought it.

Same.Mine's actually 19 years old.

• 5 months later...

This thread is very old, but I figured I would update. I have had my Ergochair since June and it has been FANTASTIC. I find it much more comfortable and better looking than the Aeron's I tried at various locations

I wouldn't hesitate to get another.

I just bought an ErgoChair 2 for my wife. It will fit my heavy self. 

But she finds it very nice. 

My 2020 Upgrade: CPU: Ryzen 5 3600; MB: MSI X570 Tomohawk WiFi; Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600 MHz; Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance; PSU: Corsair RM550X 80+ Gold; Storage: WD Blue 500GB SSD; Seagate 4TB Compute HDD; Monitor: GIGABYTE G34WQC 34" 144Hz Curved Gaming Monitor, 3440 x 1440 VA 1500R Display

Previous Components Still Using: GPU: MSI GTX 1070 (bought Used); Storage: WD 3TB Green HDD,WD 1TB Black HDD, SanDisk SSD PLUS 240GB

Previous Monitor I want to VESA mount: LG 29UB55-B 29" Ultrawide 1080p 60Hz IPS