24 pin cable missing a pin

I've been having system instability for as long as I remember and I believe it may have started when I dtarted using multiple different components in my pc, including my psu. Almost every single component has been changed since then. Cpu, motherboard and Ram are new, gpu was changed about 2 or three years back and never saw signs it had any problems. Psu unchanged. It's a Zalman zm500-LE. Instability symptoms are as follows: random Freezing, pc won't boot to get motheroard splash screen, or gets past it but won't boot to windows. The only things unchanged are the hard drives. The windows is on my 120gb kingson ssd, but I checked it's health on crystal disk and it was good (91% good is what it read). And if it won't boot to windows (which is the most common symptom) the motherboard usually reads the hard drives. I used to falsely believe the problem was with the SATA cables even tho I changed them multiple times completely and swap them together whenever something. This was because sometimes a hard drive would disappear from file explorer while the pc was running. I'd restart and it would either work or the pc won't boot, I'd swal the cables and it worked but later I discocered pressing the switch on the psu did the trick. This was until recently where it just froze a couple of times on different days and just won't boot to windows after multiple attempts. Right now it's bricked and sometimes it gets to the windows logo and loading circle but loads forever, and doesn't show that it's repairing something in the drive so I don't think that's the case. Just recently I found out a pin is missing, could this be the problem? Or is the psu just crappy? Or is it something completely different? 

Specs: 

Ryzen 7 3700x

1060 GALAX 3GB OC

X470 strix-f ROG 

16gb 320pmhz ram

Zalman zm500-LE 

120gb SSD

1tb WD HDD blue 7200 rpm

2tb WD HDD green 5400 rpm

TL;DR I've had system instability (usually freezed or system won't boot to windows) for years and swapped out all compononets except psu and hard drives. I discovered a missing pin in the 24 pin connector. The quick fix I found was was turning off the psu and starting it again. Where is the problem? 

IMG-20200430-WA0046.jpeg

Normal.  that is a blank spot 

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

1 minute ago, N2OSuicidal said:

TL;DR I've had system instability (usually freezed or system won't boot to windows) for years and swapped out all compononets except psu and hard drives. I discovered a missing pin in the 24 pin connector. The quick fix I found was was turning off the psu and starting it again. Where is the problem? 

Keep in mind that missing pin is by design. It's currently Reserved/No Connection

image.png.9bf67bc2c9435d5b2d54c024eb72a41a.png

Sounds like a PSU issue otherwise though.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

The missing pin used to be -5v but it's no longer used so is just let blank. It's normal.

Your system freezing when it tries to load windows sounds like a storage drive issue. Unplug the two HDDs and see if it boots normally. If it's boots then it's one of the HDDs if it doesn't then it's the SSD.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 hour ago, Spotty said:

The missing pin used to be -5v but it's no longer used so is just let blank. It's normal.

Your system freezing when it tries to load windows sounds like a storage drive issue. Unplug the two HDDs and see if it boots normally. If it's boots then it's one of the HDDs if it doesn't then it's the SSD.

I tried it and now it ain't reading that the ssd is a bootable device, it keeps asking me to reboot and select a bootable device. I'm gonna have to find me an extra hard drive and try to install windows and boot from it. But this probably means the ssd is toast right? It's 7 years old and have been using it as a boot device all this time and since bios works it might not be the psu.