Please, could anybody find me a G-Sync monitor that's 1080p and 120 (or more) Hz with IPS?

Slyceth
On 4/30/2020 at 1:48 PM, Slyceth said:

First of all, let me be perfectly clear, the Geforce 980 Ti card is NOT FreeSync compatible:

https://blurbusters.com/gsync/supported-graphics-cards/

I've watched Linus' latest monitor video and it's yet again only featuring a Freesync 1080p monitor.

I have the Geforce 980 Ti graphics card that does not support Freesync (It's a waste to replace such a great card when the next generation of cards is closer than the last) but I still want frame syncing experience as well as a better monitor than my current TN panel from 10 years ago.

I'm looking for a monitor with these options: 1080p 120+Hz IPS G-Sync Monitor. I'm looking for one that will tie me over until at least the next graphics card generation, I don't want to overspend on a 1440p monitor since most AAA games will not be able to reach 100 Fps at that resolution, and it'll make youtube videos look worse (I tried the PG279Q and that's how I found out about these issues).

I already checked the Nvidia list but it seems to be crowded with Freesync monitors, like the Alienware aw2521hf which will simply just not work for my GTX 980 Ti

I would really appreciate if you can find one, I want to watch youtube on it as well as play games so I don't need HDR.

If you're really set on high refresh and IPS then I'd jump to 1440p since it's a really good middle ground for performance and image quality, especially at a 27" monitor size. I'm not sure what you mean Youtube looks worse since it depends on the resolution of the video and Youtube compresses the hell out of things anyways. Your 980 Ti should do okay depending on what games you play. Then when you do upgrade your graphics card you'll already have a nice monitor.

If you're determined to stay with 1080p then you'll have to give up an IPS panel if you really want G-Sync. Or go with a lower refresh rate (although I didn't check what might be available at 60 Hz).

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

The Asus TUF VG259Q is a 144hz IPS monitor that is 1920 by 1080p. It is G-Sync Compatable(Not true G-Sync. FreeSync with G-Sync certification). With a graphics card like the 980 Ti though, you will probably not struggle to maintain a high enough FPS to max out the frame limit, especially if you play games like Fortnite, PUBG, Rocket League, CS:GO, or other E-Sports titles. You won't need adaptive sync in those scenarios as the frame rate will be well above the refresh rate. The monitor also has ELMB, or black frame insertion to reduce motion blur. That works with adaptive sync too, which is unique in this. Also, you may have to fact check with the G-Sync compatability. I found that the 980ti does support G-Sync compatable monitors that are natively freesync in a newer driver update.

On 5/12/2020 at 10:40 PM, RAS_3885 said:

If you're really set on high refresh and IPS then I'd jump to 1440p since it's a really good middle ground for performance and image quality, especially at a 27" monitor size. I'm not sure what you mean Youtube looks worse since it depends on the resolution of the video and Youtube compresses the hell out of things anyways. Your 980 Ti should do okay depending on what games you play. Then when you do upgrade your graphics card you'll already have a nice monitor.

If you're determined to stay with 1080p then you'll have to give up an IPS panel if you really want G-Sync. Or go with a lower refresh rate (although I didn't check what might be available at 60 Hz).

Could you give some examples of 1080p60

and 1440p100+

monitors?

• 2 weeks later...

There is an Alienware option for that. 240hz, IPS, gsync premium, and other stuff. I don't recall the exact model, but it is more expensive than the freesync one.