Is this PSU good for a ITX build?

Go to solution Solved by Fasauceome,

Get a Corsair SF 450. That Sharkoon is mediocre at best and bad at worst

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

Get a Corsair SF 450. That Sharkoon is mediocre at best and bad at worst

Wish I could, it's like 30€ more

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

some itx cases can take full size psu, so you might want to check whether that's the case.

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Maybe you are right, it shows 89,90  Used - Like New , guess it doesn't really matter

Just now, boggy77 said:

some itx cases can take full size psu, so you might want to check whether that's the case.

it's true, but I want a SFX mostly due to less weight

Are ATX PSU more quiet than SFX ones? thanks for the replies everyone

6 minutes ago, Sotos878 said:

I want to make a Ryzen ITX build with R5 2600 and GTX 1660 super, will this https://www.amazon.de/-/en/gp/product/B00W4IVXFW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&psc=1 be enough? is it actually ok to use? I really cant spend much more for a SFX PSU... 

This is not a good PSU, I would recommend this PSU which is an SFX form factor and should have sufficient wattage:    https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/KMQG3C/evga-supernova-gm-450w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-sfx-power-supply-123-gm-0450-y1

a390f2e3bfbb7cce32c27a8f483e9b84.1600.jpg

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

1 minute ago, Sotos878 said:

usually more quiet and cheaper

Maybe you are right, it shows 89,90  Used - Like New , guess it doesn't really matter

it's true, but I want a SFX mostly due to less weight

if you're tight on money, I'd build a matx build. there are small enoguh matx cases close to itx size and you'll save a ton of money.

ATX power supplies can be found at a generally lower cost than an SFX PSU and with less noise output in comparison. Pretty much only reason to get an SFX PSU is if your case won't work with anything larger.

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

6 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

if you're tight on money, I'd build a matx build. there are small enoguh matx cases close to itx size and you'll save a ton of money.

I already have a SG13 case (which supports SFX and ATX) 

If you guys can suggest me some decent (and cheaper than SFX) ATX PSU too from EU amazon, I'd really appreciate it. Also if possible less than 2kg, it would really make a big difference for my build. Thanks so much!

2 minutes ago, Sotos878 said:

I already have a SG13 case (which supports SFX and ATX) 

If you guys can suggest me some decent (and cheaper than SFX) ATX PSU too from EU amazon, I'd really appreciate it. Also if possible less than 2kg, it would really make a big difference for my build. Thanks so much!

What CPU are you using, and what cooler? I've done a few Sugo builds and an ATX PSU works pretty well for a portable build, doesn't really reduce weight very significantly compared to an SFX PSU.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

What CPU are you using, and what cooler? I've done a few Sugo builds and an ATX PSU works pretty well for a portable build, doesn't really reduce weight very significantly compared to an SFX PSU.

I had it for a few months now but haven't built anything yet. Looking to get a R5 2600 pair it with GTX 1660 super, Corsair LPX 3200 15GB, ASrock B450 itx. I will use the stock AMD cooler most likely.

3 minutes ago, Sotos878 said:

I had it for a few months now but haven't built anything yet. Looking to get a R5 2600 pair it with GTX 1660 super, Corsair LPX 3200 15GB, ASrock B450 itx. I will use the stock AMD cooler most likely.

With the stock cooler, the extra breathability of an SFF PSU in that case is actually quite the benefit. Therefore, the Silverstone PSU I recommended above would be the most economical choice, as it's a decent unit with a low price tag.

Primary PC:

4 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

With the stock cooler, the extra breathability of an SFF PSU in that case is actually quite the benefit. Therefore, the Silverstone PSU I recommended above would be the most economical choice, as it's a decent unit with a low price tag.

Thanks a lot! if you have anything else to recommend for building this PC, I would gladly take it as it's my first build ever.

3 minutes ago, Sotos878 said:

Thanks a lot! if you have anything else to recommend for building this PC, I would gladly take it as it's my first build ever.

It's preferable to build the PC outside the case first, especially since this is a small form factor build, and taking it apart again if something doesn't work the first time is a huge pain.

Primary PC:

1 hour ago, Fasauceome said:

I'm a bit confused with the silverstone PSU, is it the same? in amazon.de and .co.uk  https://www.amazon.de/dp/B003LU6PN2?tag=pcp05-21   & https://www.amazon.co.uk/SilverStone-SST-ST45SF-3-0-Bronze-Supply/dp/B01M15BQ0A?th=1 

if not which one is better in quality?

Edit: seems like the one in .de amazon got a 80mm fan instead of 92mm

10 minutes ago, Sotos878 said:

I'm a bit confused with the silverstone PSU, is it the same? in amazon.de and .co.uk  https://www.amazon.de/dp/B003LU6PN2?tag=pcp05-21   & https://www.amazon.co.uk/SilverStone-SST-ST45SF-3-0-Bronze-Supply/dp/B01M15BQ0A?th=1 

if not which one is better in quality?

Edit: seems like the one in .de amazon got a 80mm fan instead of 92mm

the difference is that one is 2.0 and one is 3.0, and it appears the 3.0 is cheaper. I don't recall any major differences in their quality.

Primary PC:

Actually, Sharkoon Silentstorm SFX is practically identical to SilverStone SX-LG which is decent, but smth like Corsair SF would be better.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply