Need help choosing PSU and Case for VERY high-end gaming pc

databreach

Hello,

SO, I'm looking to build a gaming pc with parts available in Amazon (France). I currently chose these parts:

• Ryzen 9 3900x
  • Asus ROG STRIX B450-F gaming
  • Samsung 970 evo 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD
  • G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8 GB 3200 Mhz CL 16 32GB
  • MSI RTX 2080Ti Gaming X Trio

I need a good reliable PSU that's gonna power these components with a bit of extra headroom for upgrades as I want to keep this rig for at least two generations and additionally a case that's gonna handle all these components (especially that big GPU).

2 minutes ago, databreach said:

Asus ROG STRIX B450-F gaming

this motherboard can barely cope with a 3600x. it has no chance of delivering enough power for a 3900x and future upgrades. consider changing it.

as for psu, this is a good quality one that has enough W for a 2080ti and a 3950x 

1 minute ago, boggy77 said:

this motherboard can barely cope with a 3600x. it has no chance of delivering enough power for a 3900x and future upgrades. consider changing it.

as for psu, this is a good quality one that has enough W for a 2080ti and a 3950x 

Ok, so i changed the motherboard to an X570-F from asus and went with a full-modular 750W corsair RMx PSU as I still have enough money.

2 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

Same thoughts on the motherboard. @databreach Go check out the AMD motherboard tier list. You have a $1000 GPU, $500 CPU and a bargain motherboard. Results won't be pretty.

3 minutes ago, databreach said:

Ok, so i changed the motherboard to an X570-F from asus and went with a full-modular 750W corsair RMx PSU as I still have enough money.

That's a much better motherboard choice.

As far as cases, there's the tried and true lianli O11. It fits most large GPUs to my knowledge and has good airflow. Meshify C is supposed to be good too. Newegg has a great filter system to narrow it down. Just find a case you like and see if you can find reviews for airflow characteristics etc.

11 minutes ago, databreach said:

750W is overkill. Get a Platinum 550W or 600W from Antec/SeaSonic/Corsair

How you expect to recommend you smth if we don't know what's available to you ? Where you are from ? Generally speaking, look at the tier list.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

41 minutes ago, Juular said:

How you expect to recommend you smth if we don't know what's available to you ? Where you are from ? Generally speaking, look at the tier list.

I said that I was from France. Read the original post

1 minute ago, seon123 said:

What a shocker. A more expensive PSU is better

That's cool I still have some money so I think I can afford the expensive one.

3 minutes ago, seon123 said:

What a shocker. A more expensive PSU is better

750W is overkill. I suggest to get a Titanium 550W PSU

Yeah Titanium is better than Gold! 🙂

Just now, UCLA said:

But platinum PSUs are wayy more expensive on Amazon.fr

6 minutes ago, databreach said:

But platinum PSUs are wayy more expensive on Amazon.fr

8 minutes ago, databreach said:

Look at the prices. The one Titanium who suggest have the same price with Gold. The Gold is 750W  and the Titanium 550W. Your system don't need 750W.

550W is more than enough. 750W is overkill

7 minutes ago, UCLA said:

Titanium is an efficiency rating. It says nothing about how good the PSU is. The PSU you recommended is also 80+ Platinum rated. Seasonic also likes to cheap out on the fan, so the Hong Hua fan that they use in all of their mid-high end PSUs is pretty mediocre. It has an annoying ticking sound, so it should be avoided by anyone with a semi-functional pair of ears.

13 minutes ago, databreach said:

If you have the money for that, I would rather suggest the RM650i. It has a decent fan, multi rail OCP, and software monitoring.

https://fr.pcpartpicker.com/product/cWDzK8/corsair-power-supply-cp9020081na

:)

1 minute ago, seon123 said:

Titanium is an efficiency rating. It says nothing about how good the PSU is. The PSU you recommended is also 80+ Platinum rated. Seasonic also likes to cheap out on the fan, so the Hong Hua fan that they use in all of their mid-high end PSUs is pretty mediocre. It has an annoying ticking sound, so it should be avoided by anyone with a semi-functional pair of ears.

If you have the money for that, I would rather suggest the RM650i. It has a decent fan, multi rail OCP, and software monitoring.

https://fr.pcpartpicker.com/product/cWDzK8/corsair-power-supply-cp9020081na

For the fan point, i just read multiple reviews complaining about it, so definitely a red flag for me as I'm looking for a silent experience