€3000 Build for light gaming + video editing help

NeuraCode

Hi,

I was initially going to upgrade my PC but I decided to give it to my girlfriend.

Reason for build

1440P Video editing. A PC to play World of Warcraft and Maybe New World, and Tera at 1440P stable at 120hz. 

I want to be able to edit in Premiere Pro as smoothly as possible. I prioritize Premiere Pro over reaching 120hz. 70hz is fine too, but having both smoothly would be great. Editing will be done at 1440P as well. But I use a lot of speed clips that really demand CPU power. 

The Netherlands 

Parts I already have that I will use the new build

• 970 EVO 2TB 
  • 660P 1TB
  • Mouse / keyboard / stereo 
  • Windows 10
  • Monitors
  • A case (nzxt h510 elite)

What I do need (€3000 to spend here)

• Everything that goes into a PC that I haven't yet mentioned
  • 5TB of storage (total). HDD is fine. Note that I already have 3TB.
  • White cables for as many parts as possible
  • No liquid cooling, I prefer a black fan
  • I want parts to be either black or white, no funny colors. 
  • 3 Case fans (white)

Also:

• Because my RX 590 and 3600x just don't do what I want it to do. My CPU is usually using 95% while editing in Premiere Pro. I think my CPU needs a big upgrade.
  • I do not care for RGB whatsoever.
  • I want it to be fully modular.
  • I unfortunately can't wait long for new releases. Max 3 months. 

Thank you for taking your time to help me

If you've already got a good X570 board (so no MSI entry to mid level board) you might get away without upgrading that as well.

Also, I left out the graphics card as I thought an RX 590 would be enough for the games you mentioned, but if you feel like you also need to upgrade that, something like a 5700XT or RTX 2070S would be solid upgrades over the 590 for 1440p.

I also wasn't sure whether you needed more than 32GB of RAM or not, but if you do you can bump that up to 64GB with no problems.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

7 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

If you've already got a good X570 board (so no MSI entry to mid level board) you might get away without upgrading that as well.

Also, I left out the graphics card as I thought an RX 590 would be enough for the games you mentioned, but if you feel like you also need to upgrade that, something like a 5700XT or RTX 2070S would be a solid upgrade over the 590.

Thanks,

The GPU and board will be given away to my girlfriend. I only take the case and storage because we have another nzxt + a few 860 evo's that she can use. So I definitely will upgrade the MB / GPU. I notice WoW sometimes fall below 100 hz, so I'm considering to go somewhere along the lines of a 2070s

Just now, NeuraCode said:

Thanks,

The GPU and board will be given away to my girlfriend. I only take the case and storage because we have another nzxt + a few 860 evo's. So I definitely will upgrade the MB / GPU. I notice WoW sometimes fall below 100 hz, so I'm considering to go somewhere along the lines of a 2070s

Oh, alright. As I mentioned, a 2070S or 5700XT would be great performers for 1440p (using a 2070S at 1440p myself). The 5700XT offers most of the 2070 Super's performance at a lower price, though you do lose out on Shadowplay and NVENC, so depending on how important those would be to you, you should be able to make the call.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

25 minutes ago, NeuraCode said:

Thanks,

The GPU and board will be given away to my girlfriend. I only take the case and storage because we have another nzxt + a few 860 evo's that she can use. So I definitely will upgrade the MB / GPU. I notice WoW sometimes fall below 100 hz, so I'm considering to go somewhere along the lines of a 2070s

This is a 3000 euro build, and the GPU may be overkill for you, but it is also a done deal in terms of future proofing.

So if you decide you want 1440p in newer more demanding games or even 4k in the games you mentioned, then you can make that switch.  I also think this machine would likely let you edit that footage quite smoothly too.

The only things I changed from the previous suggestion was the MB and GPU, motherboard only because I have heard great things about it, and the ASUS Prime Pro, I don't have any knowledge of, so didn't want to put that in as a recommendation.