Really need some reassurance about my PSU (CORSAIR CV650)

Hello there! And before you read, pardon my noob(ish) take on all of this.

So I really only joined this forum after years of lurking to get some answers regarding a PSU I bought for a build I'm doing.
It is the Corsair CV650 80+ Bronze, and there a serious lack of reviews on this.

I've had to scour forums from everywhere just to get a bit of reassurance that this PSU is unlike the 550 and 450 models in the same range, with it apparently using better parts than those,

(something about DC-DC) and according to the tier list it falls in the B tier (entry level gaming system) which my build is going to be. The rest of my components are:

Motherboard: ASUS TUF B450M-PLUS GAMING - AMD RYZEN MATX DDR4 MOTHERBOARD
CPU: MD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6x Core Processor
RAM: Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) White Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz Memory
GPU: Palit NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 6GB StormX Turing Graphics Card
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper H412R CPU Air Cooler

Fans: Corsair AF140 Air Series, 140 mm LED Low Noise Cooling Fan - White (Dual Pack)
Storage: x1 500GB Crucial MX500 2.5" SSD / Solid State Drive, x1 Toshiba P300 1TB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA HDD 'Bulk'
Case: CiT Zoom, Black, Mid Tower Chassis, Window, ATX, MicroATX, Mini-ITX, HD Audio, Mic In, 2x USB 2.0, USB 3.0

This is a budget build, literally building it for my girlfriend who is stuck in isolation because of COVID-19. Maybe some of these parts are not "ideal", but I'm somewhat strapped for cash

so I can't really afford to buy a better PSU based off the Tier list as they've all jumped up in price on Amazon (UK), or everything is out of stock. However, I only bought this 650 because of the tier list throwing it in the
B tier...and yes, I know, never cheap out on the PSU. I read bad things about the VS Corsair PSUs, and some have compared the VS to the CV series, etc...

All in all, I'm confused at how decent this PSU is. It's not top tier, I know that, but will it run everything listed above? My girlfriend is a gamer, but mostly single player games (e.g Witcher, Dragon Age, etc),

doesn't usually run multiple games and software at the same time, and isn't planning on overclocking. Maybe throw in light workstation use for Photoshop every now and then.
I personally figured 650 is enough headroom just in case.

So, is this PSU good? Am I in for a bad surprise? Will this all run smoothly as long as she doesn't push it to run a nuclear powerplant? Anyone used this and lived to tell the tale? It shouldn't explode, right!?

Thank you!

Edited by ElCrazay

It'll be fine for your needs. Don't worry about it. :)

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2020 at 10:07 PM, ElCrazay said:

Hello there! And before you read, pardon my noob(ish) take on all of this.

So I really only joined this forum after years of lurking to get some answers regarding a PSU I bought for a build I'm doing.
It is the Corsair CV650 80+ Bronze, and there a serious lack of reviews on this.

I've had to scour forums from everywhere just to get a bit of reassurance that this PSU is unlike the 550 and 450 models in the same range, with it apparently using better parts than those,

(something about DC-DC) and according to the tier list it falls in the B tier (entry level gaming system) which my build is going to be. The rest of my components are:

Motherboard: ASUS TUF B450M-PLUS GAMING - AMD RYZEN MATX DDR4 MOTHERBOARD
CPU: MD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6x Core Processor
RAM: Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) White Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz Memory
GPU: Palit NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 6GB StormX Turing Graphics Card
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper H412R CPU Air Cooler

Fans: Corsair AF140 Air Series, 140 mm LED Low Noise Cooling Fan - White (Dual Pack)
Storage: x1 500GB Crucial MX500 2.5" SSD / Solid State Drive, x1 Toshiba P300 1TB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA HDD 'Bulk'
Case: CiT Zoom, Black, Mid Tower Chassis, Window, ATX, MicroATX, Mini-ITX, HD Audio, Mic In, 2x USB 2.0, USB 3.0

This is a budget build, literally building it for my girlfriend who is stuck in isolation because of COVID-19. Maybe some of these parts are not "ideal", but I'm somewhat strapped for cash

so I can't really afford to buy a better PSU based off the Tier list as they've all jumped up in price on Amazon (UK), or everything is out of stock. However, I only bought this 650 because of the tier list throwing it in the
B tier...and yes, I know, never cheap out on the PSU. I read bad things about the VS Corsair PSUs, and some have compared the VS to the CV series, etc...

All in all, I'm confused at how decent this PSU is. It's not top tier, I know that, but will it run everything listed above? My girlfriend is a gamer, but mostly single player games (e.g Witcher, Dragon Age, etc),

doesn't usually run multiple games and software at the same time, and isn't planning on overclocking. Maybe throw in light workstation use for Photoshop every now and then.
I personally figured 650 is enough headroom just in case.

So, is this PSU good? Am I in for a bad surprise? Will this all run smoothly as long as she doesn't push it to run a nuclear powerplant? Anyone used this and lived to tell the tale? It shouldn't explode, right!?

Thank you!

hey bro iam about to buy the same psu with almost the same pc build 3600+1660 super how does the psu hold itself so far ? do you recommend it 

On 4/28/2020 at 2:07 PM, ElCrazay said:

Because it just came out about three months ago.

5 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

Because it just came out about three months ago.

Yes, though it's more of a refined version of former VS (value) series, according to You.

Personally, I'd have chosen other PSU, bc the rig consumes around ~240-250watts during loads, and 650w is incredibly oversized anyways. @ElCrazay

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

2 hours ago, Vejnemojnen said:

Yes, though it's more of a refined version of former VS (value) series, according to You.

CV650 is not an iteration on the VS series. 

CV450 and CV550 however are an iteration on the older VS series. his PSU is fine, and atm a pretty ok value choice due to the terrible supply. 

4 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

CV650 is not an iteration on the VS series. 

CV450 and CV550 however are an iteration on the older VS series. his PSU is fine, and atm a pretty ok value choice due to the terrible supply. 

Thank You. 

The supply is abysmal in my country as well. Hardly any popular models are available in the last few months. And prices are through the roof :(

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )