Unable to boot from m.2 ssd

Frodinge

Bought a new kingston a2000 m.2 ssd for my asus rog strix z390-f gaming motherboard to replace my old windows hdd. With all default bios settings the ssd is found by my pc but whenever i disable csm, as many threads suggest i should do. The ssd is no where to be found.

I began trying to clone windows with software but as the hdd is mbr and the ssd is gpt it didn't work.

I went on to install windows from a usb stick on to the ssd and it completes but whenever i try to boot from it in legacy i get "reboot and select proper boot device" error. When i try to launch in uefi mode the ssd is not found. I tried also clearing boot keys and reinstall but no luck.

Thanks.

load the sata ACHI drivers to the usb stick too. and select load drivers before continuing install. 

13 minutes ago, Robchil said:

load the sata ACHI drivers to the usb stick too. and select load drivers before continuing install. 

ACHI drivers? Do you mean i have to enable ACHI in the bios?

try enabling it in bios first.. if not you download unpack Intel(R) AHCI/RAID Driver and put the folder on the install usb. 

when you select drive and you don't see the new one, in the lower part it should say load driver.. select that and find the folder you extracted and put on your install usb for the ahci drivers. and load those. it should show up then. 

the a2000 is an nvme/pcie m.2 drive, it's possible you have to enable x16 bandwith speed to x4 that for the port as well. under integrated devices. or something. but you can't use sataport 5 and 6 then.