Can placement fractal r6 - dusty

Coconuts

Hello all!

so pretty much my fractal r6 is a dust pulling magnet :( I thought I was getting good positive pressure but maybe not.

i have two nf-a15 in the front, 1 in the back and 3 nf-a12 exhausting in the top.

Any thoughts on improving? I can control every fan via icue.

i don’t mind adding more fans in the bottom if that would help more.

thank you.

Why are you expecting to have positive pressure with two intake fans and four exhaust fans? I am running just the stock fans in my R6 and I have essentially zero dust inside after two years. You want at least a 3:2 or 2:1 intake to exhaust ratio to maintain positive pressure.

On a side note, the front top exhaust is unnecessary at best, and is very likely to be simply exhausting fresh air.

My best recommendation for your current fans is to move two fans from the top to the bottom as intakes.

^ I have R4 with stock fans. Yes, it gathers dust too. Saying this as I just cleaned it. I haven't cleaned it in past year or more. I remember opening it last some 1.5 years ago. Front filters and PSU filter do gather dust. Insides not so much.

So if you want to improve dust situation, stop using top exhausts. What CPU cooler you have?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

19 hours ago, badreg said:

Why are you expecting to have positive pressure with two intake fans and four exhaust fans? I am running just the stock fans in my R6 and I have essentially zero dust inside after two years. You want at least a 3:2 or 2:1 intake to exhaust ratio to maintain positive pressure.

On a side note, the front top exhaust is unnecessary at best, and is very likely to be simply exhausting fresh air.

My best recommendation for your current fans is to move two fans from the top to the bottom as intakes.

Thanks for taking the time to reply :) 

I have a few spare fans for the bottom would sticking them in fix the issue? I kinda like my case full of fans 😅

6 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

^ I have R4 with stock fans. Yes, it gathers dust too. Saying this as I just cleaned it. I haven't cleaned it in past year or more. I remember opening it last some 1.5 years ago. Front filters and PSU filter do gather dust. Insides not so much.

So if you want to improve dust situation, stop using top exhausts. What CPU cooler you have?

Hyper evo 212.

i would have thought having the top fans exhausting would push dust out / stop it coming in. 

would chucking two fans on the bottom help out? Thanks again for taking the time to reply 😁

2 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Hyper evo 212.

i would have thought having the top fans exhausting would push dust out / stop it coming in. 

would chucking two fans on the bottom help out? Thanks again for taking the time to reply 😁

Two facts about dust. 1) Dust gathers places where fans are. So every intake fan needs to have filter. 2) While pressure isn't actually a thing with PC cases, the theory is that if you have more air going in, then every hole and vent of the case pushes air out passively.

I would just remove those fans completely. Unless your GPU is having temps issues.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv