OEM and EFI SYSTEM Partitions looking for WINDOWSRE

vWORMHAT

Hello im trying to update from windows 1803 to 1909 but have tried many solutions to no avail.

so i want to reset the pc, but the pc doesnt see the windows recovery environment

so im following this tutorial but dont know which partition the recovery environment is on so idk which partition to proceed with 

image.thumb.png.88fb09168955f604902c1dbcfc711678.png

i attached a photo of my partitions.

the video says to rename one of the partitions then run commands to tell windows where the windowsre.exe is. is it on both?

please help, thank you!

2 minutes ago, NZgamer said:

image.thumb.png.a3b396717b21f7166ab1c9cfc09b2b91.png

Does this menu not work?

image.png.395e6d45f3d0f9608f9153fef5c11888.png

i get this error, so somehow i think windows lost where the winre is

image.thumb.png.8438ab795015f7e62aea995cfef01eee.png

currently watching this to assign the partition a letter so i can then tell windows where it is 

Edited by vWORMHAT

1 minute ago, vWORMHAT said:

image.png.395e6d45f3d0f9608f9153fef5c11888.png

i get this error, so somehow i think windows lost where the winre is

image.thumb.png.8438ab795015f7e62aea995cfef01eee.png

currently watching this to assign the partition a letter so i can then tell windows where it is 

another problem it says the device is not ready

i need to access the recovery partition for some maintenance but i cannot gain access, when i try to select the partition( which ive assigned the to the letter D)

the command prompt tells me the device is not ready and i think thats because it doesn't have a file system type (Ntfs) its just blank. please help me solve this issue 

or point to to a form where i can get help

image.thumb.png.57009ef277325221d7a88dc54bb31e69.png

Try do a repair install instead. Download Windows 10 installer from Microsoft website.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

What sort of maintenance requires you to access the recovery partition? Best to leave it.

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

Just now, keskparane said:

What sort of maintenance requires you to access the recovery partition? Best to leave it.

i need to tell windows where the windows recovery environment is so that i can run reset this pc.

running the command reagentic /info windows was coming up with

Windows RE status:         Disabled
    Windows RE location:      
    Boot Configuration Data (BCD) identifier: e21a4269-4f32-11e8-b645-f858bc9a0c10
    Recovery image location:
    Recovery image index:      0
    Custom image location:
    Custom image index:        0

note the windows RE location is missing

10 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

Try do a repair install instead. Download Windows 10 installer from Microsoft website.

trying that now, this is all to try and update from windows 10 1803 to 1909 but it keeps not installing

3 minutes ago, vWORMHAT said:

i need to tell windows where the windows recovery environment is so that i can run reset this pc.

You can always download a Windows 10 ISO using the Media Creation Tool on Microsoft's website, then wipe the computer using that.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

19 minutes ago, kirashi said:

You can always download a Windows 10 ISO using the Media Creation Tool on Microsoft's website, then wipe the computer using that.

Trying to avoid wiping it. Have a lot of stuff on it, mainly want to update from 1803 to 2909 but getting error code 0x0070005

6 minutes ago, vWORMHAT said:

Trying to avoid wiping it. Have a lot of stuff on it, mainly want to update from 1803 to 2909 but getting error code 0x0070005

Backup the drive first then, especially if you don't currently have a backup, then pave and nuke it. Unfortunately, I gave up on fixing recovery partitions eons ago because I value my time & sanity.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

10 minutes ago, kirashi said:

Backup the drive first then, especially if you don't currently have a backup, then pave and nuke it. Unfortunately, I gave up on fixing recovery partitions eons ago because I value my time & sanity.

Good advice, thank you , If I do what do you use to backup and restore programs when nuking windows and reinstalling. I have paragon backup and recover with the drives backed up just worried not everything will be restored

1 hour ago, vWORMHAT said:

Does "System" > "Update & Security" > "Reset this PC" not work?

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

FYI for a full backup go to "System" > "Update & Security" > "Backup" >"Go to Backup and Restore" > "Create System Image"

39 minutes ago, keskparane said:

FYI for a full backup go to "System" > "Update & Security" > "Backup" >"Go to Backup and Restore" > "Create System Image"

thank you for the information! when the image is used to restore the pc wouldn't that make it revert back to 1803? sorry if its a dumb question. also i have a second 4tb drive thats full of files which i have a backup of thats a couple weeks old would the system image need to include that? or can i use the backup i currently have?

*** Threads merged to original ***

Please use only one topic for all related issues.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv