8+16 RAM upgrade laptop

So I have an Asus FX505GM laptop and it has an i5-8300h and gtx1060 6gb. It also has 8gb of RAM. Can I upgrade it with another 16gb stick(same latency and frequency)?(max supported is 32gb) I would like to upgrade to 24, not to 16 because I want to be able to have a minecraft server occasionally with my friends and other such servers for fun. I am not considering 16+16 because that is a little bit too expensive of an upgrade and pretty sure it is not worth it for my intentions. Will it run normally with 8+16 or will there be any bandwith or else problems with its overall performance being bottlenecked?

Yes it does cause a bottleneck, as it means the first 16GB has twice as much bandwidth as the last 8GB.

This may or may not be a problem, but its certainly not recommended.

That said, are you sure you need so much RAM for a Minecraft server?

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

Need to test it, if lower Ram speed of the 8gb single Channel part will bottleneck your CPU.

From what i know: Ram speed becomes a further Bottleneck, if your CPU already is at it's limit.
If your CPU is bored, Ram speed is not important.

And if any kind of Data is beeing thrown into the 16gb Dual Channel part, or the 8gb Single Channel part will be completely Random. Of course, you have 66% chance of it going into the dual channel part.

That beeing said.. If 16gb Ram is too low for you, and 32gb is too expensive, you have your answer.  Since the 8gb are already there, it's not like you lose anything.
Get a 16gb Stick and be happy. If you ever feel you want more, or the single channel part slows anything down (won't be any more than a few %), just get another 16gb stick in the future.

Nothing lost that way, because if you went for 2x 16gb you would buy 2 sticks anyway. 

But i think, when that gives any kind of problems, you will have upgraded your Laptop anyway.