I want to preface this by saying I don't want to build a PC. I want to buy it, I want it to arrive in one piece, and I want to use it. Upgrading Parts down the line isnt out of the question, but onto the actual post.

Hey guys, so, I've never owned an actual PC, just my standard laptop for schoolwork-- and I've been looking to buy a PC to play games with my friends.
I decided to teach myself some stuff so I began watching a bunch of YouTubers and came to the conclusion that NZXT's PC builder was a great place tp start. I began configuring away, and came up with a PC that was roughly $1700 USD, with an extra $500 USD or so added for two monitors (I would like to begin streaming/making YouTube Videos aswell)
You can find that here: My NZXT Build

I showed my friends because, as far as I knew, they had more knowledge than me, and it was basically shut  down by them saying it's a waste of money. They said that instead, I should buy this Cyberpower Prebuilt from Amazon. Now, I looked and, with my minimal knowledge, I'm pretty sure the face value specs of the one they suggested are better (Better Processor and GPU), HOWEVER, I've watched some reviews of Cyberpower and it seems like they are lacking in some areas, for example one saod that the Motherboard is like the absolute Beginner Budget Motherboard, and the fans were all set incorrectly, and the were all exhaust.

I've asked this in other places, but I'm just truly lost and want to get the widest possible range of answers to help me figure this out.

So, I dont know, I still feel pretty new and uninformed, to the extent I don't know which I should do. Any help would be fantastic! Thanks in advance!

5 minutes ago, itsuhhdamion said:

I want to preface this by saying I don't want to build a PC.

If you want to save money/max value suck it up and build it. OR Source a prebuilt with quality off the shelf motherboard and powersupply unless you want to resell them.

So, with the CyberPower build, the performance specs are slightly better, but with the NZXT build, the motherboard is from a reputable brand, the PSU is from a reputable brand (extremely important), the RAM brand and speed are known, and youy get a better warranty.

If I was going to buy a pre-built, I would go with NZXT.

F@H    EOC

You can bring the price down if you look outside NZXT. Have you looked around at your local stores? I prob have half a dozen businesses around me that sell custom PCs at competitive prices, and they have brick & mortar stores I can walk in.

Between the two you listed I would be far more comfortable going with the NZXT build as you know EXACTLY what you are getting. In the cyberpower you have no idea what ram, mobo or specific GPU youre getting, thats an instant no go for me.

Hey there. If you live in the U.S., here are some alternatives to NZXT's BLD and CyberPowerPC:

• MAINGEAR (Website): They stood out in LTT's Secret Shopper Series with their attentive, streamlined customer service and after-sales support. Although, note that: (1) the Secret Shopper Series is a little dated (2018), and companies may have changed for better or for worse since then, and (2) YMMV.
  • iBUYPOWER (Website): They took the cake in LTT's Secret Shopper Series for building a PC with the best bang-for-your-buck. However, their after-sales customer support seemed a little condescending/frustrating to deal with? Notes (1) and (2) from the above point applies here too.
  • Micro Center (Custom Built PC FAQ): Actually they're a computer parts store, but you can plan your custom build through their website or in person, and let 'em handle the entire building process for you. Even if you have no build plans, tell them what you plan to use the PC for, and they can help you with picking out PC parts. They usually complete requests within 24 hours, and will test the machine before handing it off to you.

If I had to choose between NZXT and CyberPowerPC, I'd... actually rather not dish out the money for a prebuilt.

...Sorry, that answer wasn't all that helpful, was it? 😅

Something worth noting is that NZXT's BLD comes with a two-year warranty for parts and service, while CyberPowerPC only comes with one-year warranty for parts and labor (according to the Amazon listing, at least).

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)