Lenovo edge 15 startup problems

Hello and thank you in advance, I’ll try to give as many details as i can. I have a Lenovo edge 15 laptop that has been sitting in my parents house for the past year, previous to that the laptop worked fine. When i went and got the laptop I assumed it was still working however i left the battery completely drained and figured I’d need to plug it in, however the dog chewed the charger cable. So, ordered a new one off amazon that said it was for this specific laptop, plugged it in and it was flashing orange. Got a little impatient and tried to power it up when it got to white, the keyboard light up and the screen flashed a bit, then everything powered down. No screen, no keyboard lights, nothing. The only lights that are still on are the charging light, now solid white with a slow blink, and the power light is full on no blinks. I tried to see if the caps lock light would come on, but it doesn’t. I’ve googled the issue and tried everyone’s suggestions and nothing is working. Every time i try to boot the same thing happens, keyboard lights up then nothing. It’s been plugged in overnight to a main outlet, I don’t remember if the charging light changes colors however it’s still a solid white. I also took the laptop apart and disconnected the battery and attempted to start, same issue, however the fan on the GPU continues to run while the laptop is “on.” I also removed the cmos battery for a few minutes and replaced it but that didn’t help at all. Lastly i reseated the ram and that didn’t help either. I double checked all connections before reinstalling the back plate, everything was good and the same problem is still occurring. 

At this point the only thing i can think of is the charger isn’t supplying enough power to charge the battery, only enough to turn on the fans and charging light. I’m inclined to think it’s not a battery issue as i had the battery fully disconnected and on AC power only and the issue was still happening. I don’t have any other of the same connection port so i can’t test this theory, I’m thinking of ordering a new one from a different vendor. Anything else i should try?

I would try a different charger, I've had bad luck with Lenovo charger's from Amazon in the past. Maybe do RMA and see if they will swap and send you a replacement.

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000