Question

Joha_
Go to solution Solved by Lurick,
5 minutes ago, Eschew said:

Hey there. If you've plugged everything in correctly and nothing is DOA, you should see fans spinning (graphics card, PSU) and RGB lights (motherboard, RAM, PSU). I don't think you'll POST, but your hardware should run.

Edit: See Lurick's post below, I might be wrong.

I did want to clarify my point just a bit.

From what I understand, pressing the power button to short the two pins causes the CPU to initialize and then load the BIOS which then interfaces with everything else. For a board with BIOS flashback there is a really low level processor or logic thing of some kind built into the motherboard to allow this to happen without a CPU, kind of like a really dumb CPU almost. I could be wrong myself but that's just my understanding :)

My new gaming rig has no cpu until next week and i tried to powered up the pc and nothing happened do you guys think its because i dont have the cpu yet? or its just that something is wrong with my pc ? if somebody could like help me on facetime until it work i will pay

It won't boot without the CPU.

Screwdriver specs: Long, pointy. Turns things. Some kind of metal.

Main rig: 

i9-7900x | Asus X299-Prime | 4x8GB G-Skill TridentZ @3300MHz | Samsung 970 Evo 500GB | Intel 5400S 1TB | Corsair HX1200

unRAID server:

Xeon  E5-1630v4 |  Asus X99-E WS | 4x8GB G-Skill DDR4 @2400MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB cache drive | 12TB spinning rust | Corsair RM750X

FreeNAS server:

AMD something-or-other | Asus prebuilt sadness | 8GB DDR3-1600 | 9TB magnetic storage | Potential fire threat

HTPC:

i7-4790 | GTX1650 | Dell Sadness | 12GB DDR3-1600 | Samsung 860 250GB | 1TB magnetic storage | James Loudspeaker SPL3 x2 | Corsair SF450

1 minute ago, Joha_ said:

My new gaming rig has no cpu until next week and i tried to powered up the pc and nothing happened do you guys think its because i dont have the cpu yet? or its just that something is wrong with my pc ? if somebody could like help me on facetime until it work i will pay

well of course how do you expect it to work... its like wondering why a human that has literally no brain, doesnt work

Ryzen 7600x - RTX 4070 - MSI B650 PRO-Wifi 

Corsair Vengeance 6000 Mhz CL36 - EVGA 750W G5 - Samsung 980 Pro 1Tb

I know it wont post hahahaha but why there is no power 

It's important to list hardware because something like an Asus board w/ BIOS Flashback can be powered on and BIOS updated without a CPU.

i have a 1070 founder edition gpu a asus strix b450 motherboard i have a termaltake 650W smartpro rgb an 970 nvme samsung ssd 500 gb and a 2Tb hard drive barracuda

3 hours ago, Joha_ said:

i have a 1070 founder edition gpu a asus strix b450 motherboard i have a termaltake 650W smartpro rgb an 970 nvme samsung ssd 500 gb and a 2Tb hard drive barracuda

i have 2x8 3600mhz corsair vegeance pro rgb

3 hours ago, Joha_ said:

that board doesn't have flashback as far as i know. so it won't do anything untill you install a CPU.

Edited by LogicalDrm

6 minutes ago, Joha_ said:

5 minutes ago, Joha_ said:

i have 2x8 3600mhz corsair vegeance pro rgb

Hey there. If you've plugged everything in correctly and nothing is DOA, you should see fans spinning (graphics card, PSU) and RGB lights (motherboard, RAM, PSU). I don't think you'll POST, but your hardware should run.

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

2 minutes ago, Eschew said:

That is incorrect. Nothing will light up if there is nothing there to tell it to turn on and light up. Supplying power alone will NOT make it turn on. A motherboard with BIOS flashback has the logic to make that happen build into the board.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

I know its dosent post and it dosent run either that the thing im confuse

10 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Bruh your PC won't work without a CPU.

Would a human work without a brain? No.

You'd be surprised...lol

OP, we've told you it won't work. It won't work. Wait for the CPU.

6 minutes ago, NZgamer said:

Because it needs a CPU to start. Just wait until it arrives. You will not be able to use it until it arrives.

thk u my man but i heard that sometime its should power up

From what I understand, pressing the power button to short the two pins causes the CPU to initialize and then load the BIOS which then interfaces with everything else. For a board with BIOS flashback there is a really low level processor or logic thing of some kind built into the motherboard to allow this to happen without a CPU, kind of like a really dumb CPU almost. I could be wrong myself but that's just my understanding :)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

i will wait for the cpu and see what happen after best answer yet at least u got a long understanding answer and its not toxic like them other

5 minutes ago, Joha_ said:

i will wait for the cpu and see what happen after best answer yet at least u got a long understanding answer and its not toxic like them other

Yah, wait for the CPU, and if you still don't get anything then I would start by checking your front panel connectors from the case and make sure they're hooked up to the board properly :)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

5 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Yah, wait for the CPU, and if you still don't get anything then I would start by checking your front panel connectors from the case and make sure they're hooked up to the board properly :)

thk u again

Moderators note: Asking or offering money for any kind of service is not allowed. We also don't have good sense of humor, so if you joke about it, add /jk or some other indicator.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Moderators note: Asking or offering money for any kind of service is not allowed. We also don't have good sense of humor, so if you joke about it, add /jk or some other indicator.

sorry