I need a programming laptop Windows VS Macbook

Go to solution Solved by 5x5,
Just now, HardStoN said:

BTW the 805 doesn't have 16GB ram so i think ill pass

It does - check for the correct config. The 850 and 855 both have 8 and 16GB configs.

9 hours ago, 5x5 said:

It does - check for the correct config. The 850 and 855 both have 8 and 16GB configs.

ill check that

48 minutes ago, HardStoN said:

Hi all, Recently i started to dig around the market for some good laptops for programming and general work, and i came across a few laptops, Macbook air/pro, and windows based laptops and i noticed

a weird thing the macbook's costs like 2200$ with I5 and only 8GB of ram unlike the windows based OS which gives you more quality specs for instance I7 with 16GB of ram for only 1400$.

And my question is how's the difference in performance with the windows based OS and the macOS because i heard that the macOS is so much better than windows and it basically gives you more performace

and more long time use for the laptop than other windows OS that has better specs. And do you guys think i should buy a macbook or a windows based laptop and if you can send me a link to something good that you know.

P.S We all can agree that apple's macbooks look way more quality than other laptops and they have better speakers and overall feel in the hand which all those things really matter to me in the laptop.

Oh hear me out, this is what you can do. Get a lenovo yoga 730. 15 inch latoptop, 16gb of ram, an i5 or an i7. Get it with a 512gb ssd. 

Next, youll get a wifi card compatible with macos, which some of you might see where i am going with this. The reason why I am recommending it is because I have done it myself and it is good. You will split the ssd into 3 partitions, as followed:
- 128GB NTFS or FAT32 for Windows Boot
- 128GB for an OS which I will not name which is possibly made by apple computer inc.

- 256GB for files which you will use between the two systems.

The reason why I am recommending the yoga 730 is because it has great support for unnamed operating system from apple. Lots of people use it and it has great compatability. If you only want to use unnamed OS from apple, it will work great. If you think this might be a good idea and you get the laptop, you can DM me and I can help you get all setup.

i like trains 🙂

Just now, HardStoN said:

Yeah for sure the iPhone is a really good phone but for the price i don't think its worth getting one for full price

As for your choice in laptop, thinkpads are great. I used them for many, many years. My father used and ABUSED them for many many years before giving them to me. Elitebooks are great, when my father started breaking thinkpads he switched to elitebooks. I used his hand-me-down elitebooks for many, many years. A macbook won't put up to thinkpad levels of abuse, no, but it's not made to at all.

All 3 laptops in question are the top of the top premium laptops in their markets, and you can't go wrong with any of them. As with Apple, Lenovo and HP have both made design blunders in the past. As an android user, you won't be getting the absolute most out of macOS. You'll be missing things such as iMessage integration. the ability to easily answer calls from your laptop, ect... I used a macbook air when I had my note 8, and even without all the fancy integration got a FANTASTIC experience.

Buy what works best is the best advice anybody can give.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

9 hours ago, HardStoN said:

ill check that

Dude. It costs 2000$ and that's not with shipping fee

3 hours ago, HardStoN said:

ill check that

Also check the prices on a L580/L590 - those are a fair bit cheaper and also solid

3 hours ago, HardStoN said:

Dude. It costs 2000$ and that's not with shipping fee

Can you link me your store so I can search up models faster?

9 hours ago, 5x5 said:

Can you link me your store so I can search up models faster?

I just wrote at google HP 850 16GB of ram and that showed up.

And yeah my store is KSP.co.il or ivory.co.il or even amazon.com or ebay.com and i'll add the fee's to the calculation

9 hours ago, HardStoN said:

And yeah my store is KSP.co.il or ivory.co.il or even amazon.com or ebay.com and i'll add the fee's to the calculation

Oh try zap.co.il

9 hours ago, pierom_qwerty said:

Oh hear me out, this is what you can do. Get a lenovo yoga 730. 15 inch latoptop, 16gb of ram, an i5 or an i7. Get it with a 512gb ssd. 

Next, youll get a wifi card compatible with macos, which some of you might see where i am going with this. The reason why I am recommending it is because I have done it myself and it is good. You will split the ssd into 3 partitions, as followed:
- 128GB NTFS or FAT32 for Windows Boot
- 128GB for an OS which I will not name which is possibly made by apple computer inc.

- 256GB for files which you will use between the two systems.

The reason why I am recommending the yoga 730 is because it has great support for unnamed operating system from apple. Lots of people use it and it has great compatability. If you only want to use unnamed OS from apple, it will work great. If you think this might be a good idea and you get the laptop, you can DM me and I can help you get all setup.

I didn't get it why do i need 2 OS's in my laptop

6 minutes ago, HardStoN said:

https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Workstation-1920x1080-Fingerprint-Bluetooth/dp/B07YM2BFRN/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=T590&qid=1587838040&sr=8-3

How does this look? Slightly over budget but it's the highest end P series.

4 minutes ago, HardStoN said:

You said you wanted either MacOS or Windows. You can have both if you want.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

9 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

You said you wanted either MacOS or Windows. You can have both if you want.

Yeah that was at the start but i didn't want MacOS i just said at the beginning that i heard the the macOS is the best out there 

Yeah man i would get one of this i think i just need to find them in my country because i cant buy it from amazon they wont ship to my country

Just now, HardStoN said:

Yeah man i would get one of this i think i just need to find them in my country because i cant buy it from amazon they wont ship to my country

Well, let me ease it for you a bit :)

The ThinkPads have several categories

E series - entry-level
L series - mid range
T/X series - high end
P series - ultra high end/workstation

the first number is the screen size, the second is the generation. You want a 480/490 or 580/590 preferably. The 485/495/585/595 also work fine. 10th gen are just E15/T15/E14/T15 and etc

EliteBooks are all 840 or 850 but G-number. The number is the generation. You want a G6, G7 or G8

9 hours ago, 5x5 said:

Well, let me ease it for you a bit :)

The ThinkPads have several categories

E series - entry-level
L series - mid range
T/X series - high end
P series - ultra high end/workstation

the first number is the screen size, the second is the generation. You want a 480/490 or 580/590 preferably. The 485/495/585/595 also work fine. 10th gen are just E15/T15/E14/T15 and etc

EliteBooks are all 840 or 850 but G-number. The number is the generation. You want a G6, G7 or G8

Lol thanks i will do my thinking on those and if ill have any other question ill post it thanks for the help guys!!! 

Just now, HardStoN said:

Lol thanks i will do my thinking on those and if ill have any other question ill post it thanks for the help guys!!! 

No problem. You could also google around for Latitudes but I personally don't enjoy them nearly as much as the EliteBooks/ThinkPads. Latitudes ARE cheaper though

37 minutes ago, HardStoN said:

It would be if you wanted 2 OS's on your laptop. If you dont want 2, you can just go with one or the other.

i like trains 🙂

9 hours ago, pierom_qwerty said:

It would be if you wanted 2 OS's on your laptop. If you dont want 2, you can just go with one or the other.

yeah thanks