Do you like Titanfall?

FTW_Perverse

I had the opportunity to play the Titanfall Beta during the beta launch.  

While it was fun, it felt very repetitive.  I honestly became bored after about 45 minutes of game-play.  I know, it's just the beta and there are more features and unlocks that will likely make the game more appetizing, but for me, I doubt this is a game where I would log more than 40 hours before I gave up on it.  

Curious on other people's experiences and thoughts on Titanfall.  

I know a lot of people like it.  It is definitely unique.  But I just don't see it offering long term satisfaction for a good handful of gamers.

What do you think?

CPU = Intel i7 4770K OC @ 4.1GHz | CPU Cooler = Corsair H105 | MOBO = Asus Z97 Maximus Gene VII | GPU = Asus STRIX 4GB GTX 980 | RAM = 32GB G. Skill Trident X Series @ 2400MHz | PSU = EVGA Supernova 850W 80+ Gold | SSD 1 = 120GB Corsair Neutron (OS) | SSD 2 = 240GB OCZ Vertex 3 (Games) | HDD = 1TB WD Green 7200RPM 64MB Cache (Storage)| OS = Win 8.1 64Bit | Case = Fractal Design Define R4 Blackout Edition w/ Window | KB = RAZER Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 Stealth | MS = Mionix NAOS 7000 | Monitor = 24" BenQ XL2420TE @ 144Hz | 2nd Monitor = 27" Asus VS278Q-P @ 60Hz 
CPU = Intel i7-2700K OC @ 4.5GHz | CPU Cooler = Corsair H100i | MOBO = Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU = EVGA 3GB 780Ti Superclocked w/ ACX Cooler | RAM = 16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz | PSU = EVGA Supernova 1,300W 80+ Gold | SSD 1 = 128GB Samsung 840 Pro Series (OS) | SSD 2 = 120GB Kingston HyperX (Games) | HDD = 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 64MB Cache (Storage) | OS = Win 8.1 64Bit | Case = Fractal Design Define XL R2 | KB = ROCCAT ISKU | MS = ROCCAT Kone XTD Optical | Monitor = 24" Asus VG248QE @ 144Hz | 2nd Monitor = 27" Acer G276HLDbmid @ 60Hz       

There were only two maps... Of course it became repetitive. 

I like it but it has been waaaaay overhyped (almost to the point of hurting the game instead of benefiting it.)

Still not as great for me as CoD 4 was when that came out. 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

I didn't even play it. I have it downloaded, but didn't care enough to play it

i luved the game :D 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

I do like it, was expecting it to be bad TBH, but it turned out to be quite good, and most important thing, I prefer it over BF4, which I tought was going to be great, but really, I hate it, so yeah, stocked on Titanfall this year.

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

I liked it.

It was fun and fast paced. I played maybe 10 hours during the beta and sure the Maps got repetitive but the gameplay was always fun.

I liked how the burn cards changed the gameplay, though some where over powered, but that could change.

The free running was fluid and the titan felt strong, but also mobile. The Smoke/Shield on the Titan was interesting as was the camo for the Pilots.

Bots made the map feel more busy,  so I actually liked them being there.

I've gone from no interest, to a potential buyer, was one of the more fun online FPSs I've played in a while.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

There were only two maps... Of course it became repetitive. 

I like it but it has been waaaaay overhyped (almost to the point of hurting the game instead of benefiting it.)

Still not as great for me as CoD 4 was when that came out. 

It wasn't just the fact there were two maps...

CPU = Intel i7 4770K OC @ 4.1GHz | CPU Cooler = Corsair H105 | MOBO = Asus Z97 Maximus Gene VII | GPU = Asus STRIX 4GB GTX 980 | RAM = 32GB G. Skill Trident X Series @ 2400MHz | PSU = EVGA Supernova 850W 80+ Gold | SSD 1 = 120GB Corsair Neutron (OS) | SSD 2 = 240GB OCZ Vertex 3 (Games) | HDD = 1TB WD Green 7200RPM 64MB Cache (Storage)| OS = Win 8.1 64Bit | Case = Fractal Design Define R4 Blackout Edition w/ Window | KB = RAZER Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 Stealth | MS = Mionix NAOS 7000 | Monitor = 24" BenQ XL2420TE @ 144Hz | 2nd Monitor = 27" Asus VS278Q-P @ 60Hz 
CPU = Intel i7-2700K OC @ 4.5GHz | CPU Cooler = Corsair H100i | MOBO = Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU = EVGA 3GB 780Ti Superclocked w/ ACX Cooler | RAM = 16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz | PSU = EVGA Supernova 1,300W 80+ Gold | SSD 1 = 128GB Samsung 840 Pro Series (OS) | SSD 2 = 120GB Kingston HyperX (Games) | HDD = 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 64MB Cache (Storage) | OS = Win 8.1 64Bit | Case = Fractal Design Define XL R2 | KB = ROCCAT ISKU | MS = ROCCAT Kone XTD Optical | Monitor = 24" Asus VG248QE @ 144Hz | 2nd Monitor = 27" Acer G276HLDbmid @ 60Hz       

It was beta of course it sucked!BF4 was so much worse then it is now on beta..I kinda like Titanfall myself..The graphics are good and it's a way better beta then BF4 was.. 

Played a couple rounds got bored, graphics are way outdated

.I went back to BF4 & planetside 2.

The bots are seriously retarded why are they even in there?

Played a couple rounds got bored. went back to BF4.

The bots are seriously retarded why are they even in there?

So people get easy kills and think they are good..Then they buy game lol

Oh I did like the movement how you can jump over stuff up walls. and not get glitch killed like when vaulting in BF3/BF4 lol.

I want to preface this by saying that before playing the beta, I was not at all excited for Titanfall. But now that I've tried it, I honestly can't wait.

I love it. It's nonstop action almost all the time. I'm hearing everyone complain about the NPCs that fill the battlefield. "They're not even a challenge" etc.. They aren't supposed to be. They're there for 2 things:  1. To provide atmosphere. 2. To add to the gameplay. For example, in the Attrition gamemode, they add to your teams overall score. Aside from that they also give you experience and reduce the wait for your Titan. And if you get careless, they CAN kill you.

---

Movement is spectacular. As a Pilot I was double-jumping, wall-running/jumping, and rodeoing titans like it was nobodies business. And it. Felt. Great. Combined with the Stim ability that increases your movement speed and health regeneration for a few seconds I was able to zigzag past a Titans fire, double-jump onto a building wall, wallrun, and then jump off to rodeo said Titan and take it out single-handedly. The satisfaction was immense.

As a Titan you aren't quite as free, but still have great mobility for a walking hunk of metal. You can sprint as well as dash in whichever direction you choose (the amount of dashes are limited by which Titan chassis you have selected, of which there is only one in beta at the moment). This can make for quick-paced battles, as well as speedy getaways if you find yourself in trouble.

---

Gunplay is pretty good. As a Pilot you have the standard stuff. Grenades, pistols, rifles, shotguns, snipers, sub-machine guns, and melee (jump-kick). The addition of the smart pistol is negligible in my opinion. With scopes and other add-ons to customize your gun, you have a decent range of weaponry to fit your playstyle. Running and gunning is especially fun with the mobility of the Pilot. Regarding the glaring "recoil" issue, I think it was a design choice. Pilots are incredibly agile, in or outdoors, so combining that with too much gun recoil could have potentially ruined the feel of the game, especially with Titans. This coincides with the "future realism" idea. Of course, you may feel differently. This is simply my hypothesis.

As a Titan, you are just that. A Titan. You got rockets, a cannon, a machine gun, and a hell of a punch. You also have a Vortex Shield, and an Electric Smokescreen> The Vortex Shield can be used to catch enemy bullets and rockets Matrix style mid-air and send them back. The Electric Smokescreen, aside from being a smokescreen, after deploying for about a second, creates a field of electricity that damages anything inside. It's a good countermeasure if an enemy is rodeoing your Titan. Now I want to talk a bit more about the Titans survivability. You have an energy shield that can be depleted with relative ease, and armor (which is essentially health). The shield can regenerate, but damage to your armor is permanent. Once your armor is completely depleted, Your Titan enters a state called "doomed". At this point your health bar is replaced with a yellow and black striped bar that depletes over time, and can also be depleted outright by enemy fire. You have the option to either eject, or keep fighting and die with your Titan. If you melee a doomed enemy, you can rip them out of their Titan, and toss them to their death. These mechanics combined with the mobility of the Titans makes for some intense and satisfying battles.

---

Burn cards add some variety to the action. To the best of my knowledge, they only last one life. They can give powered up weapons, respawn you where you died, increase movement speed, reduce time needed to wait for your Titan, or increase the amount of points/exp you get from certain enemies, among other things.

Level design is great so far. I love being forced to find new ways to move through the map when I'm running away from being shot at.

Aside from some downtime they had early on (which they made up for), The beta went pretty smoothly, even after they completely opened it. The matchmaking system could use a little work, as it would often leave me and my full team in an empty lobby while searching for another match to join, with no success.

I very much look forward to playing this again as soon as it becomes available. I'll likely preorder it once there's a decent discount for it, because $60 for any game is simply too much.

I thought it was fun, except I was terrible at keeping my titan alive he wouldn't last one minute. Other than that I thought it was pretty fun. If I ever get it I would like to see what other titan chassis/abilities are available. 

My Gaming Bio thingy?  Anyhow I love co-op gaming so add me.   :) Skype/Origin/Uplay/Steam/Other -> "GuestForeverX"

no no nono nooooo  i don't i regret those 20min  i spent playing it,  it sucks... every thing about it !!!!

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

Oh I did like the movement how you can jump over stuff up walls. and not get glitch killed like when vaulting in BF3/BF4 lol.

that is becaus BF is optimized for Hardcore gamers if can't handel a realistik game don't play it

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

that is becaus BF is optimized for Hardcore gamers if can't handel a realistik game don't play it

BF series is my favorite series of all time so I don't know wtf your talking about here.  The movement in titan fall was nice but i didnt like the game.