Very low clockspeeds

TheGrylix

Sometimes my pc randomly drops the clockspeed to around 0.5ghz and stays there until I restart the computer. What can cause this behavior, since I really can‘t reproduce it. Sometimes it happens during idle, sometimes when I‘m working on it. Sometimes it doesn‘t happen for days and sometimes multiple times a day? Cooling really shouldn’t be the issue even with just an hyper 212x. I‘m also running the latest windows, bios and chipset version.

my pc: amd 3600x, aorus x570 elite, wd black sn750 500gb, 16gb 3200 cl15 ram, rtx 2070s

Did you check your power plan settings? 

I'm using ryzen balanced plan and minimum performance of the processor is set to 99% (max 100%) 

I didn't change anything there but iirc these values changed with one of AMDs chipset driver updates, maybe it is related to your problem.

13 hours ago, merco said:

Did you check your power plan settings? 

I'm using ryzen balanced plan and minimum performance of the processor is set to 99% (max 100%) 

I didn't change anything there but iirc these values changed with one of AMDs chipset driver updates, maybe it is related to your problem.

I‘m using the ryzen high performance powerplan. Chaning this never solved the problem