A Strange Problem

So my problem is that my main monitor which is connected via display port to my GPU  (1080 Ti) randomly says no input detected and goes black. 

Some Background:

My secondary monitor that is connected via HDMI to the same GPU works perfectly fine without any disconnections. I have tried swapping my primary monitor to another pc and it works fine without any disconnection issues. This problem has been persistent over several months now despite several clean GPU driver fresh installs. The cable is inserted correctly and changing the cable to another port does not stop the monitor disconnecting) I am honestly stuck for ideas on what the problem is, especially since the problem seems to be intermittent and not brought on by any specific task (it happens in games, idling on the desktop, YouTube etc).

The problem seems to be getting worse too as for the last few days the monitor will only find a signal for 5 seconds or so before going black and stating no signal input again. Unplugging the DisplayPort or power cable and plugging it in again will result in the monitor displaying as normal again for afew seconds before it again loses connection and black screens. This is all while the secondary monitor works perfectly over HDMI.

I'm going mad honestly I don't know what's happening!

Corsair 760t | Corsair AX760i | Pioneer 207EBK BR-RW

ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | Corsair H80i | 120GB Samsung 840 PRO SSD | 1TB WD Black 7200RPM

Intel i7 4770k @ 4.1GHz | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RAM @ 2133 MHz | Nvidia GTX 780

1 hour ago, keod2 said:

So my problem is that my main monitor which is connected via display port to my GPU  (1080 Ti) randomly says no input detected and goes black. 

Some Background:

My secondary monitor that is connected via HDMI to the same GPU works perfectly fine without any disconnections. I have tried swapping my primary monitor to another pc and it works fine without any disconnection issues. This problem has been persistent over several months now despite several clean GPU driver fresh installs. The cable is inserted correctly and changing the cable to another port does not stop the monitor disconnecting) I am honestly stuck for ideas on what the problem is, especially since the problem seems to be intermittent and not brought on by any specific task (it happens in games, idling on the desktop, YouTube etc).

The problem seems to be getting worse too as for the last few days the monitor will only find a signal for 5 seconds or so before going black and stating no signal input again. Unplugging the DisplayPort or power cable and plugging it in again will result in the monitor displaying as normal again for afew seconds before it again loses connection and black screens. This is all while the secondary monitor works perfectly over HDMI.

I'm going mad honestly I don't know what's happening!

How old is that GPU and did you buy it new and did the do port work before 

And one more thing depending on the card (if it's reference / FE / non reference) try installing the newest firmware to that card 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

6 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

How old is that GPU and did you buy it new and did the do port work before 

And one more thing depending on the card (if it's reference / FE / non reference) try installing the newest firmware to that card 

Hi I have no idea if the display port previously worked as I upgraded my monitor about 4 months ago (previously ran a single display via HDMI) so had no way to test if the display ports were fine or not.

I bought the card new it's a "Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti xtreme edition" which I snagged in a sale in October 2018 as it was EOL. 

Corsair 760t | Corsair AX760i | Pioneer 207EBK BR-RW

ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | Corsair H80i | 120GB Samsung 840 PRO SSD | 1TB WD Black 7200RPM

Intel i7 4770k @ 4.1GHz | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RAM @ 2133 MHz | Nvidia GTX 780

11 minutes ago, keod2 said:

Hi I have no idea if the display port previously worked as I upgraded my monitor about 4 months ago (previously ran a single display via HDMI) so had no way to test if the display ports were fine or not.

I bought the card new it's a "Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti xtreme edition" which I snagged in a sale in October 2018 as it was EOL. 

Well we can't know for certain but ddu it again and as I said update the firmware for that gpu if it doesn't work it could be a bad dp connector

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: