Is a gtx 1070 8gb and a insignia 550 W power supply worth 200 ?

I have come across a friend whos selling his gtx 1070 8gb and a 550 W isignia power supply for 200. Is that a good deal ? What budget cpu would you recommend as my amd fx 6350 will bottleneck it. Also would the 550 W power supply be able to handle all this hardware. Thanks

$200 sounds about right for the GPU.

Dunno about the PSU though. Seems to be Best Buy's brand. Which means it's likely shit.

As for "budget" CPU"... The Ryzen 3600 is great, with a B450 MAX board from MSI. But if you want a bit cheaper, there's the APUs like the 3400g. But I would highly recommend getting at least the 3600.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I think it's a reasonable price, you can negotiate though.  

The PSU or a comparable one is ~40 to 45 new.  BestBuy for example will see you a EVGA 650W bronze efficiency PSU for 44.99, I'm sure there are 500 and 550s out there for less.  A 1070 used is a bit above 200 if you go the eBay route, a bit under if you do a local deal normally where no shipping or any third party taking a cut is involved.  Although it's hard to be solid on the latter given regional variants.  

550 W should drive your system.

Personally I'd consider no more than 180 for the graphics card alone and then going out of pocket for a better PSU a better overall deal, even if it means I spent ~220-230 total, but this isn't bad either.  Odds are the seller probably wants to bundle in that system integrator level PSU though because no one is going to buy that thing on its own.  

3 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

$200 sounds about right for the GPU.

Dunno about the PSU though. Seems to be Best Buy's brand. Which means it's likely shit.

Should I just get the gpu from him for 160 then and get a different power supply ? Also do you think I could flip the gpu for more money ?

1 minute ago, Egad said:

I think it's a reasonable price, you can negotiate though.  

The PSU or a comparable one is ~40 to 45 new.  BestBuy for example will see you a EVGA 650W bronze efficiency PSU for 44.99.  A 1070 used is a bit above 200 if you go the eBay route, a bit under if you do a local deal normally where no shipping or any third party taking a cut is involved.  Although it's hard to be solid on the latter given regional variants.  

550 W should drive your system.

Personally I'd consider no more than 180 for the graphics card alone and then going out of pocket for a better PSU a better overall deal, even if it means I spent ~220-230 total, but this isn't bad either.  Odds are the seller probably wants to bundle in that system integrator level PSU though because no one is going to buy that thing on its own.  

What do you think about my amd fx 6350 cpu ?

2 minutes ago, omar0o said:

What do you think about my amd fx 6350 cpu ?

You should replace it when you can afford to.  That being said depending on the games you play and your budget it may or may not make sense to replace right at this moment since you're looking at new RAM, a mobo, and a CPU all in one swoop.  

1 minute ago, Egad said:

You should replace it when you can afford to.  That being said depending on the games you play and your budget it may or may not make sense to replace right at this moment since you're looking at new RAM, a mobo, and a CPU all in one swoop.  

Thank you so much