Is there a program to control wifi from a PC and/ or do some of this tasks?

Hi, lately my internet (PC connected through cable directly to modem) has very high latency moments. I have tried turning off wifi what brings the latency to "normal" most of the times. But as soon the wifi is turned on, it almost feels like if someone connected through wifi gets a WhatsApp the latency just goes crazy up.

Is there a program that let´s you:

- see what devices (hopefully by naming the device) are connected to the wifi

- terminate any unauthorized or not needed connection (for example a TV Im not using right now).

- Configure the modem in a way so wired connected PC wont ever again be affected by some devices taking all the bandwidth (Something like 50% bandwidth for wired connections and 50% for any other device connected wireless).

- Configure modem in a way that cable connected PC will have priority sending and receiving data.

- That let´s you know which actual programs / windows services are using bandwidth from the PC and terminate those connections with just one click or mode?

After searching on the web I found tons of programs promising some of those things but none seemed reliable to me (webpage full of strange adds). That´s why I decided to ask this here (probably not the first doing so but found no answers on other treads).

thanks

If your router has a Quality of Service setting you might be in luck.

Otherwise I would say your connection is too slow to handle more than one device.

Can you give us more information about your network and connections?

You MAY need to buy a better router to solve this issue, one that has QoS so you can prioritize certain devices traffic.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

Hi.

Router model: zxhn h108 ISP wont let me choose the router they install the router. (What is a Quality of Service)

Internet speed: 10 mb (copper since no optic fiber has been installed in my street).

With the actual thing of corona… there should be 3 cell phones connected (as always), 3 laptops (1 more laptop as before) and  2 TVs (as always no 4k stuff available so no streaming taking the hole thing). The thing (because it actually happened): all wifi devices were off and disconnected / turned off. only one cellphone and the laptop connected through cable, cell phone receives some WhatsApp message and the ingame ping jumps up to 400 ms then goes back to normal.

Some two months ago it would spike up to 250 ms while playing and having those devices connected  but it has worsened to a point where it goes up to 800 ms or worse. 

Just now, jdjinn said:

Router model: zxhn h108 ISP wont let me choose the router they install the router. (What is a Quality of Service)

Can it do a passthrough to a different router?

Most higher end routers can do all of thisl

4 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Can it do a passthrough to a different router?

Most higher end routers can do all of thisl

No it cant. There is only one router.

Could you recommend a some or list of routers that can do that stuff.

Since getting a second router seems it will take some weeks, What programs do you use to do any of those tasks? 

1 hour ago, jdjinn said:

No it cant. There is only one router.

Could you recommend a some or list of routers that can do that stuff.

Since getting a second router seems it will take some weeks, What programs do you use to do any of those tasks? 

Normally a router will have qos that control what device get what speeds and priority. I don't know of specific models for consumer routers.

Sure about passthrough, most isp routers have that options. 

On 4/22/2020 at 9:29 PM, Electronics Wizardy said:

Normally a router will have qos that control what device get what speeds and priority. I don't know of specific models for consumer routers.

Sure about passthrough, most isp routers have that options. 

ISP keeps modem access through 192.168... secret so qos is inaccesible (and seems to be a bad one btw).

I musst say I dont understand how to make a passthrough. (Do I need to access my modem?)