Searching for a Case + Other questions

omakabook

Hello! I've been saving up for a while now, and after gaming on a very old, not very powerful laptop I decided that I want to build an extremely powerful rig that'll last me as long, if not longer than, my current laptop. However, I've been struggling to find a case that suits my needs and taste, and there a few other questions that my google searches haven't answered.

Here's a list of the parts I'm planning on purchasing right now. I'm hoping that because of how often I clean my things (I clean my mouse at least once a day), I'll be able to take very good care of my rig and have it last at least ten years.

About the Case: I have no clue what kind of case I'm looking to use, but I do have a few traits that I look for in a case, so hopefully you can use this to help me find one. They're listed in order of most important to me to least important

1. Silence (I plan on completely filling up the case with silent fans from be quiet, so I'm not too worried about thermals, and more worried about noise damlening features.)

2. Thermals (with that said, I'm expecting the rig to output a lot of heat due to the monster components, so this is also pretty important)

3. Aesthetics (My two favorite colors are black and red, so as long as it's all-black or black and red, that's the only thing I need. I'm cool with a solid side panel in case of thermals or noise dampening, but if those things can be achieved with a glass side panrl, then that's a win)

4. Price (I'm not too concerned about price, but I'm not made of money either. If alal of the above can be achieved for a hefty price though, I'll happily pay the money.

Any case suggestions are highly appreciated for this section

I do have a few other questions, too:

1. I know that the Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme is a super powerful 2080Ti, but from my findings, it gets to 45 db loud, which is far too loud for my buils. Are there any other 2080ti variants that are just as powerful (even slightly less powerful is fine), but far quieter? I'm hoping to be around 35 db with my graphics card, if that is at all possible.

2. While reading the specs of the 3950x, I noticed that it supports a RAM speed of 3200 MHz. Will this cause my 3600 MHz RAM to slow down, or will it be fine?

3. Since the 240Hz monitor I'm interested in buying will have FreeSync, will this cause any issues with my 2080Ti (such as tearing), or will it be fine?

4. The Arctic Silver 5 requires a setting time. What does it mean for a compound to have a setting time, and what would I do when building my PC to accomodate for this setting time?

5. If I want to move my fully built PC (just the desktop) from one place to another, would I be able to lift it on my own and move it? (I guess this could be considered a question about expected weight)

Feel free to ask about my planned build and if I about something/what I'm doing. Any advice is highly appreciated, especially for pointing out things that I haven't mentioned, overlooked or just don't know. Thanks!

-Moved to Cases and Power Supplies-

5 minutes ago, omakabook said:
  1. I know that the Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme is a super powerful 2080Ti, but from my findings, it gets to 45 db loud, which is far too loud for my buils. Are there any other 2080ti variants that are just as powerful (even slightly less powerful is fine), but far quieter? I'm hoping to be around 35 db with my graphics card, if that is at all possible.

Fan tuning聽is your friend here. That being said, the fact that the Aorus has fans partially covered by the shroud as well as a reduced effectiveness middle fan means the fan would have to spin faster to keep up with the other triple fan designs. Personally, I'd probably pick literally any other triple fan design, likely the Strix or the FTW3.聽

You have two general options for the case; you can go with a "silence" focused case and struggle to keep temps in check (ESPECIALLY if you plan on overclocking) or, you can get an airflow focused case, and tune the fans (since you plan on putting in be quiet! fans, this works in your favor since the fans are not static pressure optimized.

Now the above test does not take into account things like noise from HDD's, AIO pumps or other sources of coil whine which a case with sound dampening foam would help reduce significantly, but given you're using a air tower cooler and your GPU and PSU are of high quality, your only real argument for a silent focused case is multiple HDD's (though, Baracuda's aernt exactly the noisiest of hard drives. Take it from me, a WD black user! 馃槀)

Fractal Design has a Define S2 and a Meshify S2, they're the same case, but one is focused for airflow and one is focused on "balanced noise and airflow". There;s also Phanteks's P600s which with the removal of a front plate, you can either have side intake silence, or mesh front airflow. So you can easily pick and choose what you need based on your situation.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019--- Rainbow 馃 2020---Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---Blue Build Post---Blue Build Post 2018---Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k聽聽 聽MotherboardGigabyte Z97N-WIFI聽 聽聽RAMG.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz聽聽 聽GPUEVGA GTX1080Ti聽FTW3聽 聽聽CaseCorsair 380T聽 聽

StorageSamsung EVO 250GB,聽Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB,聽WD Black 5TB聽聽 聽PSUCorsair CX750M聽 聽聽CoolingCryorig H7 with NF-A12x25