Raid on Kim Dotcom's mansion was legal

TopWargamer

http://torrentfreak.com/kim-dotcom-raid-warrants-legal-court-of-appeal-rules-140219/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Torrentfreak+%28Torrentfreak%29&utm_content=FaceBook

The New Zealand Court of Appeal has this morning ruled that the search warrants used by police during the raid on Kim Dotcom's mansion contained errors, but were valid. The decision, which found that a "reasonable" person would understand what the warrants related to, overturns an earlier ruling that found the documents lacked specificity. Dotcom and his legal team are expected to take their case to the Supreme Court.

Been a little while since we've heard any news on this, but it looks like this case isn't going to end anytime soon, and it's only going to get more interesting. Kim Dotcom and his legal will be taking the case to the New Zealand Supreme Court. Stay tuned. 

COMIC SANS

The decision, which found that a "reasonable" person would understand what the warrants related to

I'm no lawyer, but that sounds profoundly stupid to me: why even get a warrant if you are going to be vague about it, hence defeating the purpose of having probable cause, defeating the purpose of getting a warrant to begin with

-------

Current Rig

-------

I'm no lawyer, but that sounds profoundly stupid to me: why even get a warrant if you are going to be vague about it, hence defeating the purpose of having probable cause, defeating the purpose of getting a warrant to begin with

Warrants are supposed to be very specific, so they don't just stumble over evidence they didn't know was there. You're right it is stupid, and I can't believe they're trying to get away with this...

Case: CM Storm Trooper I CPU: 4770k @4.5ghz I Cpu cooler: H110 I RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16gb 2400mhz I GPU: Sapphire 7970 OC I Mobo: Msi gd65 I PSU: Corsair rm 750w I KEYBOARD: Cm Storm Trigger cherry mx blue I MOUSE: Corsair m65 I MONITORS: ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz and Acer X223W 22" 60hz I AUDIO: Corsair vengeance 1500

USA says jump, most other countries (incl mine) say how high.  It doesn't matter how legal or not it is.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Anyone seen the documentary that VICE/Motherboard did on him about this? Was pretty fantastic.

http://www.vice.com/vice-news/kim-dotcom-the-man-behind-mega

Intel Core i7 4770K | Gigabyte R9 290 OC 4GB Windforce Edition | MSI Z87-G45 Gaming Mobo

Noctua NF-S12A FLX 120 + 140mm Fans | Corsair H100i CPU Cooler | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD | BitFenix Ghost Case

Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM-850 PSU | G. Skill Sniper 16GB (4x4GB) | AOC G2460PQU 144Hz Monitor

Were the warrant's legal? Probably.

Hinky? Hell yes!

Justified? Not IMHO. 

Was Swat, helicopters, Dogs, Automatic Machine Guns needed? Not a chance.

Was this a combo of US Political and Commercial Interest Pressure? Oh and probably some jackass wanting to prove a point/above his/her power? Hells Yes

Just on principle I would love to see it overturned in the Supreme Court

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly