Who is Video Rendering KING? Transcode Server Upgrade!

jakkuh_t

widget.png?style=banner2

PC: 13900K, 32GB Trident Z5, AORUS 7900 XTX, 2TB SN850X, 1TB MP600, Win 11

NAS: Xeon W-2195, 64GB ECC, 180TB Storage, 1660 Ti, TrueNAS Scale

I swear does youtube not have a better way of blocking "first" comments and fake mrbeasts smh

Their Minecraft server is still up. Did they just not end up using the server that they built? I don't remember hearing any more about it.

Hey, I've written quite a bit of code for encoding/decoding video using a few combinations of CPU/GPU acceleration, so I have a fair bit of experience with it.

A lot of the bottleneck in this can be from copying data from RAM to the CPU and copying data to the GPU RAM and back. It'd be super interesting for you guys to benchmark what effect changing the memory speed / PCIe speed has to your results on the AMD system!

@jakkuh_t @LinusTech here's a thought: you already found out that the Mac Mini is the best tool for ingestion and you might still have that brand new MacPro lying around somewhere doing nothing but gather dust. How about up its specs (third party where applicable - gotta be crazy to buy Apple parts) and give it a try for this job?

Ask Anthony for help if needed (don't know hie @ handle here 😅) as he seems to be the only one half-literate on MacOS - though Jake might have something to play with as well since MacOS still is Unix-based to some extent.

Anyway point being: it'll be another video it'll get people attention (you always say when there's Apple in the video the views go higher) and who knows you might be surprised as you were with the Mac Mini ;)

If the H.264 output only exists for YouTube Upload compatibility, why not use NVENC with a very high bitrate since encoding time is more valuable than bandwidth?