whats the best 120mm fan for rad?

what 120mm fans are the go to for a 360mm rad? planning an upgrade in the future and want to watercool it but am stuck at what fans to use, will be in a lian li pc o11XL so 6 fans will be on rads with the 7th on the rear for either exhaust or intake, ive looked around on google and thats only showing old info, will probably be using 2 EK PE 360 rads with distro-plate cooling a 3700x and possibly a 2080Ti

everything will be aircooled till i save up enough to watercool the mobo, cpu and gpu

EK fans are a good bet, they have great static pressure and are quiet enough for most use cases. Noctua NF P12s are a great alternative if you want quieter fans, but bear in mind they are more expensive.

Ryzen 7 2700X  ASUS X470 PRO  16GB 2400Mhz Crucial Ballistix SAPPHIRE RX 580  970 EVO  Dark Rock PRO 4  Dark Base PRO 900

NF-F12 and Silent Wings 3 offer a good balance between performance and noise, so I'd check these out. They are on the pricier side though, so keep that in mind.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Best fans currently available when measured by noise:performance are the Noctua NF-A12x25

They can be run at 1000rpm dead silent, up to 1300rpm with minimal noise, at 1500 they sound like ur 'average' corsair and other 'high end fans' at around 1000 rpm. And top out at 2000 rpm where they are still quieter than competitors but i wouldnt run them at that speed all the time unless ur wearing headphones.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

12 minutes ago, Zohan2000 said:

how would the corsair ML fans go?

They perform pretty well but aren't very quiet if you're sensitive to noise. What are your priorities? Budget?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

At the moment I'm currently planning, don't really care for rgb, just want good airflow for the rads and a good fan for the rear

9 hours ago, Zohan2000 said:

At the moment I'm currently planning, don't really care for rgb, just want good airflow for the rads and a good fan for the rear

Budget?

Make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On 4/19/2020 at 7:28 PM, Mateyyy said:

NF-F12 and Silent Wings 3 offer a good balance between performance and noise, so I'd check these out. They are on the pricier side though, so keep that in mind.

I second this and add the NF-S12A PWM and NF-P12 PWM. The Silent Wings 3 are my absolute go-to case fans of choice.

I'd like to add a small tip: don't look for max static pressure at ridiculously high rpm. They don't matter unless you're willing to wear sound proof headphones all day long. You'll probably run your radiator fans around the 400-800rpm range not 1.400-1.800rpm. It doesn't matter if fan x has double the static pressure at 1.800 or 1.900rpm. You'll never run it at those speeds. Don't go for the high speed fans, go for low speed and choose the fans with high enough static pressure and low noise.

P.S.: static pressure is not a linear function of the fan speed. You can't just interpolate thism value.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

13 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Budget?

Make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

at the moment just planning so dont really have a budget just yet, am thinking about spending that extra on 6 EK vardar fans and use 2 3fan splitters for the fans on the rads and get some random decent airflow fan for the rear fan spot

14 hours ago, Zohan2000 said:

at the moment just planning so dont really have a budget just yet, am thinking about spending that extra on 6 EK vardar fans and use 2 3fan splitters for the fans on the rads and get some random decent airflow fan for the rear fan spot

If you just have money to blow, NF-A12x25's are about as good as it gets. 

9 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

If you just have money to blow, NF-A12x25's are about as good as it gets. 

after looking at the price per fan i think ill go with ek fans haha, over $70 AUD per noctuia fan vs $37 for one of EKs rgb fans, will go for something without rgb so probably $24aud per fan

4 hours ago, Zohan2000 said:

after looking at the price per fan i think ill go with ek fans haha, over $70 AUD per noctuia fan vs $37 for one of EKs rgb fans, will go for something without rgb so probably $24aud per fan

Where the heck were you looking? Newegg lists the NF-A12x25 PWM fans for 39,60 AUD.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

39 minutes ago, bowrilla said:

Where the heck were you looking? Newegg lists the NF-A12x25 PWM fans for 39,60 AUD.

now that is confusing, on mwave, PCcasegear and scorptec they have the fan listed at $69-$75

4 hours ago, Zohan2000 said:

now that is confusing, on mwave, PCcasegear and scorptec they have the fan listed at $69-$75

Newegg's pricing seems to not account for GST. It's still usually cheaper than other retailers but shipping can take longer. If you would prefer to save some money, P12 PWM's are well priced. 

https://www.amazon.com.au/ARCTIC-ACFAN00135A-Value-Pack-Pressure-Optimized/dp/B07HC7P3HJ

There's also a PST variant for daisy chaining if you don't want to use a splitter for more fans. 

https://www.amazon.com.au/ARCTIC-Standard-Noise-Case-Black/dp/B07HC782D5

If you have more to spend and don't mind the wait, GT's are among the best: https://www.newegg.com/nidec-d1225c12b5ap-53-case-fan/p/1YF-009G-00003?Item=9SIAAESAT86375

5 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Newegg's pricing seems to not account for GST. It's still usually cheaper than other retailers but shipping can take longer. If you would prefer to save some money, P12 PWM's are well priced. 

https://www.amazon.com.au/ARCTIC-ACFAN00135A-Value-Pack-Pressure-Optimized/dp/B07HC7P3HJ

There's also a PST variant for daisy chaining if you don't want to use a splitter for more fans. 

https://www.amazon.com.au/ARCTIC-Standard-Noise-Case-Black/dp/B07HC782D5

If you have more to spend and don't mind the wait, GT's are among the best: https://www.newegg.com/nidec-d1225c12b5ap-53-case-fan/p/1YF-009G-00003?Item=9SIAAESAT86375

was gonna use 2 of EKs or cablemods splitters for 3 fans and have the 2 rads each controlled and have the rear fan have its own fan header, was gonna wait till i at least got $2500AUD but with how my PC has been behaving recently i might have to start buying things now and see whats slowly dying in my current rig

Looking at fans (preferably high pressure ones with large blades) that have square frame is important for radiators. For fans like Silent Wings 3 I recommend making a thin shroud to fill the gaps on sides of the fan frame otherwise you'll have pressure leaks on the sides. It's not massive, but why waste performance if you don't have to. Silent Wings 3 are great fans tho.

Vardar fans from EK are also really good and have square frame.

3 hours ago, RejZoR said:

Looking at fans (preferably high pressure ones with large blades) that have square frame is important for radiators. For fans like Silent Wings 3 I recommend making a thin shroud to fill the gaps on sides of the fan frame otherwise you'll have pressure leaks on the sides. It's not massive, but why waste performance if you don't have to. Silent Wings 3 are great fans tho.

Vardar fans from EK are also really good and have square frame.

One of the good things about Noctua NF-A12x25's is that they come with a but load of hardware included.

Total contents:

The fan

30cm sleeved extension cable

4 pin sleeved Y cable

A Sleeved low noise adapter cable

Anti vibration mounts (used instead of screws)

Normal fan to case screws

Anti vibration gasket for radiators.

The only thing it doesnt come with is radiator screws, since they usually come with ur rad.

And ofc Noctua 6 year warranty.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |