Need help with picking parrts for a server

Erbu

I have 120TB worth of hard drives (12 x10tb)

I don't really know what parts I should get for a server so I hope you can help me with it.

My budget is 1500€ and the server needs to be quiet

I will use the server for hosting NextCloud for my family and a plex media server (got a gpu for it already)

Depending on how "servery" your machine is supposed to be (e.g. IPMI/ lights out management port, ECC RAM support) you could go with standard desktop PC components and use a PCIe storage card to attach all your drives to the computer. If you're keen on ECC RAM there are also some consumer motherboards for AMD CPUs that do support this type of RAM.

Case wise you can find second hand 4U server cases on ebay which you should be able to put large silent fans in and that support large numbers of HDDs.

There is a video from LTT on this topic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_B8AFvguqo

1 hour ago, Kon-Tiki said:

Depending on how "servery" your machine is supposed to be (e.g. IPMI/ lights out management port, ECC RAM support) you could go with standard desktop PC components and use a PCIe storage card to attach all your drives to the computer. If you're keen on ECC RAM there are also some consumer motherboards for AMD CPUs that do support this type of RAM.

Case wise you can find second hand 4U server cases on ebay which you should be able to put large silent fans in and that support large numbers of HDDs.

There is a video from LTT on this topic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_B8AFvguqo

If I went AMD what cpu should I use so I can use ECC ram? 

AMD kindly supports ECC RAM on all Ryzen CPUs from 2nd gen onwards (I'm pretty sure even 1st gen but don't quote me on that). The limiting factor is the mother board manufacturer which has to support it. Motherboards like the Asrock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac or the Asrock X570 Taichi list ECC RAM support on the product pages for example. However there are more mother boards also from different manufacturers that support it. Just keep in mind to buy a mobo with enough PCIe slots to get your hardware (GPU, storage card, maybe a 10 Gb/s Ethernet card) mounted (I'd recommend 3 physical PCIe x16 slots).

Performance wise you should be good with a Ryzen 5 of the generation of your liking.