A blast from the past! (Catching up WAN shows)

BlackVirus

Hi yall, 
Hope everyone's home and safe :)

Spoiler

Just thought I make a post for some reading now that we all have a lot of time on our hands.

I've been following LTT for a long time, but due to school & uni I had to put a stop on following tech news and had very little time for Youtube. I remember when the first "Live Streams" back in the days started, before they got renamed to the "WAN show" lol.

Unfortunately I've never had the time to catch up, and my current knowledge of a typical "PC Enthusiast" is next to none. Now that I am in a better position, I'm trying to get back into the game.

But first, I thought I catch up on all the WAN shows I missed out on which is pretty much all of them lol. (I almost feel obliged to watch them, since Linus had taught me so much over the years)

I'm currently watching the clips from end of 2013 and if anyone wants to have a small #TBT moment, I'd suggest you check out the WAN Show archive as I am doing now:

B5xWSo.jpg

So looking back, it's very interesting how tech had evolved over the years, some of the funny bits that I picked out over the last few days watching these archives:

• Yes, we had Diesel and Slick😎
  • It was around this time the PS4 and XBOX 1 were about to be released all these console war talks (which is funny because, that's pretty much whats happening with the next gens right now)
  • A 5" Phone was considered a "Phablet" lmao
  • SSD's were just making their way to the consumer market, Linus blown away by the Evo 840 performance
  • In One of the WAN shows they were joking how funny it'd be to release a calendar with naked portraits of themselves.. well, who knew back then huh? 🥵
  • One of the very first 4k Monitors debuted,  the hype train was real
  • HTC was still a thing, no Huawei back then
  • The Witcher 3 Trailer had just dropped
  • GTA V was just announced for "current" and next gen consoles - People were still speculating if it would come out for PC 😆
  • and lot's more!

With around 3 WAN shows on average/day, I should be caught up in no time🤣

Anyways, if you are bored I'd definitely recommend you going through some of the older archives, a lot of memes and GIFs were born on these WAN shows :D

Peace✌️

Pretty cool man. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD