4 fans but 1 fan header

Go to solution Solved by minibois,
3 minutes ago, coolermaster_masternoob said:

Hi everyone,

So, I'm preparing myself to build my first computer. I'm excited and lost at the same time.

I'd love to have some help concerning the fans in the case.

In the kind of motherboards i wanna buy (b450, still don't have an exact model, but I'm gonna go a little el cheapo on this build...) there's mostly 1 fan header, and 1 rgb header.

I wanna have some great airflow so I thought 3 intake fans in the front and 1 exhaust in the back would be great, but idk exactly how to connect all of them. For the RGB, the case I wanna buy (Masterbox TD500) comes with a RGB splitter, so no worries about that. But for the fans, there's still only 1 header. So how do I connect them all 4 in the mobo, and also without losing the automatic speed control?

What motherboard do you have? Unless it's an exceedingly low budget board, most of them will still have a couple fan headers (other than the CPU header).

Also, when using a splitter you can still control the fan; just all at once (so if you have three fans plugged into a fan header splitter and they are all 4 pin fans, you can still tell your motherboard what fan curve to use and it will apply it to all those fans).

usually I recommend up to 3 fans on one header, assuming you get a splitter without additional power.

Hi everyone,

So, I'm preparing myself to build my first computer. I'm excited and lost at the same time.

In the kind of motherboards i wanna buy (b450, still don't have an exact model, but I'm gonna go a little el cheapo on this build...) there's mostly 1 fan header, and 1 rgb header.

I wanna have some great airflow so I thought 3 intake fans in the front and 1 exhaust in the back would be great, but idk exactly how to connect all of them. For the RGB, the case I wanna buy (Masterbox TD500) comes with a RGB splitter, so no worries about that. But for the fans, there's still only 1 header. So how do I connect them all 4 in the mobo, and also without losing the automatic speed control?

3 minutes ago, coolermaster_masternoob said:

Hi everyone,

What motherboard do you have? Unless it's an exceedingly low budget board, most of them will still have a couple fan headers (other than the CPU header).

Also, when using a splitter you can still control the fan; just all at once (so if you have three fans plugged into a fan header splitter and they are all 4 pin fans, you can still tell your motherboard what fan curve to use and it will apply it to all those fans).

usually I recommend up to 3 fans on one header, assuming you get a splitter without additional power.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/