AMD Ryzen Balanced Power Plan - still relevant in 2020?

I read an article a few weeks ago about installing the AMD Chipset Drivers and setting the power plan to Ryzen Balanced to reduce core voltage at idle.

I'm now doing more research into this as my core voltages still spike to 1.45-1.5vv at idle, and have noticed there are posts dating back to late 2018/early 2019 saying not to use the Ryzen Balanced Power plan. I'm running a 3700x on an x570 motherboard. Do I need to be using the ryzen power plan, or installing the AMD chipset drivers at all? What benefits do they give me? 

It seems there's a lot of conflicting information here so I'm getting very confused and any help is much appreciated. Is it normal to have upwards of 1.5v of core voltage at idle? It makes the idle temps toasty

First thing to do, update the bios firmware on the motherboard. Your motherboard manual is a great tutorial for that.

It is normal to see high v-core at idle, typically because of XFR single core boost ratios. A bios update might change the frequency and amount of voltage used and is why I recommend it.

You can use any power plan that you like. The Ryzen power plan is just better optimized for idle to boost performance and efficiency. 

20 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

First thing to do, update the bios firmware on the motherboard. Your motherboard manual is a great tutorial for that.

It is normal to see high v-core at idle, typically because of XFR single core boost ratios. A bios update might change the frequency and amount of voltage used and is why I recommend it.

You can use any power plan that you like. The Ryzen power plan is just better optimized for idle to boost performance and efficiency. 

Thanks for the tips. I always update the bios a few weeks after release to ensure system stability