Signing up and using the site without VPN (RaidForums)

Mark30031

So I've been using this site for couple of months and the site looks in general suspicious with different leaks and stuff, so not a normal site.

I'm afraid that something will happen to my PC or Privacy, should I be worried or i'm just too paranoid?

Well considering it's a forum for distributing personal information with the intent to harass people, I would probably say it's not safe, and you probably shouldn't discuss it here.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

7 minutes ago, Theguywhobea said:

Well considering it's a forum for distributing personal information with the intent to harass people, I would probably say it's not safe, and you probably shouldn't discuss it here.

Sorry for discussing it here but idk where to discuss it, do you have any idea where can I discuss it? and maybe do you know what can I do to fix my mistakes :/

5 minutes ago, akio123008 said:

What mistakes? Maybe just not log onto it again?

But my data will stay there no? my email and stuff ... :/?

1 hour ago, Mark30031 said:

So I've been using this site for couple of months and the site looks in general suspicious with different leaks and stuff, so not a normal site.

I'm afraid that something will happen to my PC or Privacy, should I be worried or i'm just too paranoid?

That depends on your level of paranoia honestly. I know nothing about that site. TBH this is the first time I have heard of that site that I can recall.

1 hour ago, Theguywhobea said:

As long as details and links are not mentioned, the op is ok with this discussion so far.

1 hour ago, Mark30031 said:

Sorry for discussing it here but idk where to discuss it, do you have any idea where can I discuss it? and maybe do you know what can I do to fix my mistakes :/

27 minutes ago, Mark30031 said:

But my data will stay there no? my email and stuff ... :/?

That is a vague question. Not that I want to know details but be a little bit more open as to what you mean by fixing a mistake. For example, what was the mistake and did you give away information you were not supposed to? Just FYI once something is on the internet... it never really goes away.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

3 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

That depends on your level of paranoia honestly. I know nothing about that site. TBH this is the first time I have heard of that site that I can recall.

As long as details and links are not mentioned, the op is ok with this discussion so far.

That is a vague question. Not that I want to know details but be a little bit more open as to what you mean by fixing a mistake. For example, what was the mistake and did you give away information you were not supposed to? Just FYI once something is on the internet... it never really goes away.

umm okay so basically, I signed up to this site using : Username, email, password.

no credit cards or any bank info.

what have I done in this site? well not much actually, I didn't download anything, but I did go to some mega links which I opened in the MEGA app on my phone and I've been watching mp4 vids (I didn't download them, cuz it was on MEGA which instantly opened them, but again, didn't download), other than that, nothing.... reading and that's all, no suspicous links or downloads.

5 minutes ago, Mark30031 said:

umm okay so basically, I signed up to this site using : Username, email, password.

I would say make sure you don't use that password for anything else and you should be fine. Username and email aren't critical.

3 minutes ago, akio123008 said:

I would say make sure you don't use that password for anything else and you should be fine. Username and email aren't critical.

So the password I had was pretty much my passwords for many other things, but now I've changed it to a random one so it's alright now right ?

Logged into a site designed to abuse people.  

Is horrified to discover that s/he will in turn possibly be abused.

attempts to avoid the repercussions of his/her actions.

there is karma here.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Changing your other passwords is the safer way, you should do that anyway if you use the same password on multiple things. 

45 minutes ago, Mark30031 said:

no credit cards or any bank info.

what have I done in this site? well not much actually, I didn't download anything, but I did go to some mega links which I opened in the MEGA app on my phone and I've been watching mp4 vids (I didn't download them, cuz it was on MEGA which instantly opened them, but again, didn't download), other than that, nothing.... reading and that's all, no suspicous links or downloads.

I dont see the issue.

34 minutes ago, Mark30031 said:

So the password I had was pretty much my passwords for many other things, but now I've changed it to a random one so it's alright now right ?

Well that is an issue. You should never use the same password for multiple sites....

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER