game stuttering

olliehill

i recently upgraded from a 1050ti to an rx580. my fps is great but my games are stuttering like hell

1 minute ago, olliehill said:

i recently upgraded from a 1050ti to an rx580. my fps is great but my games are stuttering like hell

monitor? cpu? VSync???

NOTE: I AM NEVER ALWAYS RIGHT, BUT I AM HAPPY TO HELP ANYWAY I CAN

Tag me @WambleCropped or quote me so I can see your reply

My Rig: RTX 2060, R7 1700X, Samsung 860 500GB, Masterlite Liquid Cooler, Asrock Pro B540,16GB of RAM G.Skill 2133

PSU Tier List                    SSD Tier List                              Graphics Tier List

Just now, olliehill said:

144hz msi monitor; no vsync, ryzen 1600

resolution of monitor? input cable (HDMI or DisplayPort)? Have you tried vsnyc or freesync??

My Rig: RTX 2060, R7 1700X, Samsung 860 500GB, Masterlite Liquid Cooler, Asrock Pro B540,16GB of RAM G.Skill 2133

PSU Tier List                    SSD Tier List                              Graphics Tier List

144hz msi monitor; no vsync, ryzen 1600

alos quote me so i can see you response

Just now, WambleCropped said:

resolution of monitor? input cable (HDMI or DisplayPort)? Have you tried vsnyc or freesync??

vsync makes it worse, displayport, 1080p. my screen also flickers, gpu sat at 100%

vsync makes it worse, displayport, 1080p. my screen also flickers, gpu sat at 100%

where did you buy the card? have you updated all your drivers? what games does it happen in?

where did you buy the card? have you updated all your drivers? what games does it happen in?

bought the card from amazon, literally just installed, used ddu and installed all drivers. happens in fortnite

bought the card from amazon, literally just installed, used ddu and installed all drivers. happens in fortnite

what are your setting in the game. have you tried to turn them down, cap fps? Have you launched other games to test to see if it your system or if its the game? What is your psu wattage? TRY FREESYNC

what are your setting in the game. have you tried to turn them down, cap fps? Have you launched other games to test to see if it your system or if its the game? What is your psu wattage? TRY FREESYNC

all low, 500w psu, it was fine earlier, fps capped 144

4 minutes ago, olliehill said:

Are your BIOS/firmware/drivers all updated? Did you install the WHQL driver before Windows auto installer did anything (meaning did you install in Safe Mode)?

all low, 500w psu, it was fine earlier, fps capped 144

is your monitor freesync enabled? You need to try freesync if you can

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

Are your BIOS/firmware/drivers all updated? Did you install the WHQL driver before Windows auto installer did anything (meaning did you install in Safe Mode)?

this is a perfect example of why nvidia has better drivers xD

1 minute ago, _DeXTeR_ said:

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Delete all drivers, with this program, and then instal new ones. Use something to test temperatures RX works HOT specially 580 and 590 and they eat a lot of POWER .

not all rx are power fiends my rx 570 ran smoothly and pretty quietly

2 minutes ago, _DeXTeR_ said:

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Delete all drivers, with this program, and then instal new ones. Use something to test temperatures RX works HOT specially 580 and 590 and they eat a lot of POWER .

5 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

he just need to use freesync if he can

screen still flickers and alll

Did you buy new or used? If new, try contacting the seller, could be a defective card and you got unlucky

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

Did you buy new or used? If new, try contacting the seller, could be a defective card and you got unlucky

definitely not defective, only stutters when i click on the game, when i click off the game but keep it on screen it stops

2 minutes ago, olliehill said:

definitely not defective, only stutters when i click on the game, when i click off the game but keep it on screen it stops

have you tired testing this with multiple games?

2 minutes ago, WambleCropped said:

have you tired testing this with multiple games?

it does the same on csgo

1 hour ago, olliehill said:

Are you running a power saving profile or is the game running in borderless window?

4 hours ago, 5x5 said:

Are you running a power saving profile or is the game running in borderless window?

freesync was the problem