New member, loop layout advice

cybershoe

Hey folks, new member here, looking for advice on my new build. This will be my first PC build in about 14 years, and I'm admittedly going a bit overboard to make up for lost time.

I'm trying to cram a lot into a pretty small case (Corsair 280X). I've looked up the dimensions for all of my components and mocked up two options for loop routing in Illustrator to check for fit (attached). I think I've sorted out two ways that I can run a loop, but I'm looking for advice.

Red: GPU and CPU block

Purple: Pump/Res (Corsair XD3)

Grey: Rads

Green: Fans

Black: Tubing

I'll probably need to fab a bracket for the pump (unless there's enough play in the included fan bracket, which I'm not counting on), I had considered a bigger case, but I really like the look of the 280X, and if I can make this work it would be my ideal design. Oh, and I'm going to try to do this with hardline, but I'm okay with flexible tubing if it turns out to be too much of a hassle. The bends in the pictures are illustrative, the actual bends and routes will probably change once I get things mounted and can see it in 3D.

Advice is appreciated folks!

Option 1.png

Option 2.png

How about putting the pump in the "back area" where the PSU and storage devices go?

3 minutes ago, xentropa said:

How about putting the pump in the "back area" where the PSU and storage devices go?

That's my plan B, but I like the idea of keeping everything visible. (Bling is one of my goals for the build.) If it turns out it just won't fit, I can go that route.

• 1 month later...

Hey how did this build go? Did you end up going through with it? Just got my XD3 today and I haven't seen anything about it online, it's almost like a ghost

My GPU History: GTS 250, 7790, 7850, GTX 660ti, 7870XT, 7970, 280X, 280X Crossfire, 290, 290X, Fury X, 390 Crossfire, Fury Crossfire, 1070, 1080, 1080ti.

My CPU History: Pentium 4, Pentium E5300, Core 2 Quad QX 9650, Intel Xeon 1230 v3, 4790K, 3930K, 5820K, 1700, 3700X.

• 6 months later...

Sorry for the necropost, but this thing finally got built. Ended up making both rads intakes, with exhaust through the front as well as passive exhaust through the back due to the positive pressure design. I definitely put more into this case than it should be able to support, but it works, and draining the loop is only a moderate pain in the butt, as opposed to a massive one.

Pandacorn.png