Do other people feal the sameway about this particular issue?

Hi

I have had many keyboads all of a similar layout and what I would consider to be the "correct" way. This is a UK keyboad layout but I think it effects other countries layouts as well.

What I am talking about is the Enter key.  For the past few years I have been using the Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2010 which has what i would cosider the correct Enter key style. So a large key.

As shown below in this image's i aqired from google :)

razerblackwidowkeyboard1b.jpg

But The new keyboad the 2013 version they have changed the enter key. moved this key   "   |   " and some other buttons to annoying places.  Please see the image below for the difference

keyboard_razrfull.jpg

So notice the enter key is now smaller. the shift key on the left is larger the "  |  " key has moved. as well as the @ # ' "

This for me is frustrating.  The only reason why im looking at keyboads again is because the E key has decided to stop working on my current one. So I would have liked to have just got a new one.

But I probably wont now due to this change. (yes i have had it appart, re soldered contacts etc with no luck. The fact that its a multilayer PCB does not help with tracing circits, and there are no diagrams to help )

Does anyone else feal the same way I do about the pointless design change to the keyboad.  All i see is problems rather than improvements.  Maybe the only thing that might make a difference to some one is that the Shift key is longer and their 2 year old with small hands can now reach the shift key to run!

I use the specail charictor keys quite a lot as I do quite a bit of coding so them being in the correct place as well as having a nice large enter key to hit in anger some times is good!

Does anyone else feal this way?  I would be intrested in what other people think on the matter.

Thanks

KTFO|SGTmoody

I much prefer having the large Enter key, the left shift doesn't need to be any bigger than it is.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

I prefer the uk style, the enter button must be big and the |||| is easier for me to reach near z.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Agree, i like the bigger "enter" keys more, but man one thing i hate about this keyboard (2012 version) is the macros keys, they are way to close to the left side i keep pressing wrong, one of the reason why i don't use mine anymore, its mostly a Backup and i only used it for 1 week.

Edit: Ok the one on the picture above is the 2012, and i own that one, the 2013 has green lights.

I thought that first about the macro keys. and to start of with i kept hitting th M1 key insted of esc but after a few weeks of constent use i got use to where it had moved.  The problam there whas I run my had up the keyboad to find the enter key so i dont have to look at what im doing :)

I'm not entirely sure which I prefer. My laptop has the US layout, and my keyboards for my desktop have the UK layout. I often get messed up with where the '@' and " symbols are. 

second one for sure, actually I had that for a while until I upgraded.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

I don't really mind as long as my left shift is placed correctly, and also the backspace button.

Gimme ISO style big enter key anyday. I never miss the shift at all, so no need to have it extended for me. But a big chunky ENTER to smash is so satisfying :3

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

I don't really mind it. Its same with going from full size to laptop. Just learning it again. I feel that having short backspace would be deal breaker for me.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv