10gb of 1066mhz or 8gb of 1600mhz memory

Currently I have 10gb of 1066mhz ram in my computer, a 4gbx2 kit of ddr3 1600mhz and a 1gbx2 kit of 1066mhz and I was wondering if that is actually better than just having 8gb of ddr3 1600mhz. The two things I do that hit my computer the hardest are probably gaming in VR and video editing. Also here are the rest of my pc specs:

CPU: Xeon e3 1240 v2

Gpu: rx 580 8gb (overclocked to 1500mhz on the core and 2250mhz on the vram)

Motherboard: Intel DZ77GA-70K motherboard

PSU: EVGA 650 watt psu

Idk what else would be helpful but if im forgetting somethign please let me know :) 

Thank you!

Also I just thought of this but should i try overclocking my ram or is that just crazy?

I'd leave it at 8 GB ...

Hit eBay / facebook market / whatever and buy 2 x 4 GB at the very least if you want more ram... 2 gb extra will barely be felt.

The extra 2gb is doing very little in your system. An almost 50% increase in frequency will be more noticeable (you probably won't notice much difference truth be told) . However if you don't have any current performance issues for you chosen applications then just leave it alone. 

1 minute ago, FlappyBoobs said:

The extra 2gb is doing very little in your system. An almost 50% increase in frequency will be more noticeable. However if you don't have any current performance issues for you chosen applications then just leave it alone. 

the thing I have been noticing is that in some games my cpu and gpu will be sitting at fairly low usage but my framrate still won't be amazing.