Core 3 is being used way more than Core 0, 1 and 2

Hello everyone, first of all, English is not my mother tongue so i hope you understand what i say. I am running F@H almost 24x7 and i see my CPU usages constantly and i see that my 4th core or Core 3, it's usage is about 90-95% whereas

Core 0: ~50%,

Core 1: A bit lower than Core 0 so ~40-45%,

Core 2: ~65-70%

And Core 3 as i said: ~90-95%

Why's that? Shouldn't all Cores get utilized around the same? I think there must be a simple explanation to this that i can't think of. Thank you

Specs:

• Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2
• CPU - Intel Core I5-750 2.80ghz (OC'ed to 3.1GHz)
• Graphics Card - Gigabyte GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4GB (Not OC'ed)
• RAM - Corsair 12GB DDR3 1333mhz
• SSD - Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB

What's your slot configuration? Some slots only use a single or two cores, if that's the case it will offload the thread to the fourth, not as commonly utilized core.

Ryzen 7 2700X  ASUS X470 PRO  16GB 2400Mhz Crucial Ballistix SAPPHIRE RX 580  970 EVO  Dark Rock PRO 4  Dark Base PRO 900

1 hour ago, Nas said:

What's your slot configuration? Some slots only use a single or two cores, if that's the case it will offload the thread to the fourth, not as commonly utilized core.

My CPU slot in the Advanced Control says "cpu : 2"

Edited by AleksiDj73

3 minutes ago, AleksiDj73 said:

Why's that? Shouldn't all Cores get utilized around the same? I think there must be a simple explanation to this that i can't think of. Thank you

Are you folding on your videocard too?

If so, your OS needs 1 core and each videocard in your system also needs a core. So it makes sense on your four core CPU, that at least two cores are not folding.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

3 minutes ago, minibois said:

Are you folding on your videocard too?

If so, your OS needs 1 core and each videocard in your system also needs a core. So it makes sense on your four core CPU, that at least two cores are not folding.

Currently my GPU is not Folding because it's downloading the next Project so now only the CPU's Folding but in general, yes i Fold on my GPU aswell

Edit: Also i have the Folding power at "Medium", so idk if it makes any difference to the Core utilization

4 minutes ago, AleksiDj73 said:

Currently my GPU is not Folding because it's downloading the next Project so now only the CPU's Folding but in general, yes i Fold on my GPU aswell

Edit: Also i have the Folding power at "Medium", so idk if it makes any difference to the Core utilization

It should still reserve two cores, even if your videocard is stuck on downloading.

Can you please open Folding@Home advanced control (look for 'fahcontrol' on your computer) and take a screenshot of the 'folding slots' tab?

I am not sure how F@H reacts to low/medium/high in terms of CPU folding.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, minibois said:

It should still reserve two cores, even if your videocard is stuck on downloading.

Can you please open Folding@Home advanced control (look for 'fahcontrol' on your computer) and take a screenshot of the 'folding slots' tab?

I am not sure how F@H reacts to low/medium/high in terms of CPU folding.

OK that's good to know

Yep screenshot below

I think it makes a difference if i change it to "Full" not sure

Annotation 2020-04-14 151532.jpg

4 minutes ago, AleksiDj73 said:

OK that's good to know

Yep screenshot below

I think it makes a difference if i change it to "Full" not sure

The 2 in this picture means the slot is configured to use up to two CPU cores (which makes sense, because 1 reserved for OS, 1 reserved for GPU):

image.png.e50dc0999b064b0a4a3883637f8fa8b2.png

Not sure though why only one core is used 'fully' though, but that might be a cause of Medium setting, but I am not sure.

1 minute ago, minibois said:

The 2 in this picture means the slot is configured to use up to two CPU cores (which makes sense, because 1 reserved for OS, 1 reserved for GPU):

image.png.e50dc0999b064b0a4a3883637f8fa8b2.png

Not sure though why only one core is used 'fully' though, but that might be a cause of Medium setting, but I am not sure.

Really? Omg lol i thought "2" meant that it uses Core 2, not up to 2 Cores. Anyways, thanks for your help, now i understand everything

Yea idk either, look the screenshot from Task Manager that i took to see the 4th Core

Annotation 2020-04-14 152918.jpg