old AMD CPUs

hey guys i was just wondering if the AMD accusation ,about false amount of cores in their processors, applies to this CPU as well because i was searching thru their site and it says that this CPU is quad core and it has got 4 cores and 4 threads but it has got only 2 physical core and 4 logical cores (i understand it as 2 cores 4 threads)

https://www.amd.com/en/products/cpu/750k look it says 4 cores

2 minutes ago, Liamisko123 said:

hey guys i was just wondering if the AMD accusation ,about false amount of cores in their processors, applies to this CPU as well because i was searching thru their site and it says that this CPU is quad core and it has got 4 cores and 4 threads but it has got only 2 physical core and 4 logical cores (i understand it as 2 cores 4 threads)

The class-action lawsuit only applied to certain FX CPU's.

But does it matter whether or not this CPU has two or four floating point units? The performance you get is the performance you see in benchmarks. Look at those and decide from there if this is the right CPU for you.

I would personally suggest hunting second hand websites to find a Ryzen 3/5 1st gen deal, as you would have a much better upgrade path.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, minibois said:

The class-action lawsuit only applied to certain FX CPU's.

But does it matter whether or not this CPU has two or four floating point units? The performance you get is the performance you see in benchmarks. Look at those and decide from there if this is the right CPU for you.

I would personally suggest hunting second hand websites to find a Ryzen 3/5 1st gen deal, as you would have a much better upgrade path.

Ye i know that and i would never even think of buying this kind of cpu i just have it in one old pc of  mine and i was wondering if i could claim some compensation or it only applies for the fx series

FX and the like.

2 modules, 2 core per module

Its 4 physical cores that share resources.

But this is a 5 year old discussion.

AMD lost the lawsuit.

9 minutes ago, Liamisko123 said:

Socket FM1 / FM2, along with FX-series CPUs on AM3+ uses a module design.

The 4 cores are made up of 2 x 2-modules. Each pair share some CPU resources, so they don't fit the "typical full core" definition.

In a "typical core" design, each CPU core has it's own Float-Point part.

These CPUs have a Floating-Point ...pool...that is SHARED between the 2 cores in each module.

In this diagram from AMD, you can see two "integer scheduler" share a single "FP Scheduler"

In your example, the Athlon 750K will only have TWO Float-Point cores, instead of FOUR.

Because of this, some software will treat it similar to Intel's Hyperthreading, so 2 physical cores, and 4 logical cores.

BDArch.png

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

2 minutes ago, Liamisko123 said:

Ye i know that and i would never even think of buying this kind of cpu i just have it in one old pc of  mine and i was wondering if i could claim some compensation or it only applies for the fx series

You're a bit late with that:

https://www.amdcpusettlement.com/

January 3, 2020 — Deadline for class members to submit a Claim

There were also some pretty strict guidelines on who fell under those affected by this:

You are included if you purchased one or more of the following AMD CPUs either (1) while residing in California or (2) after visiting the AMD.com website (or both): FX-8120, FX-8150, FX-8320, FX-8350, FX-8370, FX-9370, or FX-9590.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

ok then, tho its kind of scam... i know they have an explanation for it but not concerned people would get kind of scammed

1 hour ago, Liamisko123 said:

ok then, tho its kind of scam... i know they have an explanation for it but not concerned people would get kind of scammed

You got what you paid for - no scam to speak of. People simply abused the lack of "core" definition for free money