Tuf X570 caught fire

So I've been using this motherboard for 3 months and today when I started it a VRM caught fire. I've never overclocked or anything using a 600 watt Thermaltake smart power supply for Ryzen 5 2600x. Any clue what would've caused this? I am just hoping nothing else is fried at this point. Also anyone else have issues with Asus horrible customer service? 

20200410_112359.jpg

Anyway, it looks like it short circuited. There might be something that got in your case, sat in between the contacts and poofed your Mobo.

Downloading RAM . . . 1%

12 minutes ago, Jjohnson2491 said:

Also anyone else have issues with Asus horrible customer service? 

I've been outright told by my computer parts guy that I shouldn't buy ASUS products, even though they're more expensive and he can make more money off of them.

15 minutes ago, Jjohnson2491 said:

So I've been using this motherboard for 3 months and today when I started it a VRM caught fire. I've never overclocked or anything using a 600 watt Thermaltake smart power supply for Ryzen 5 2600x. Any clue what would've caused this? I am just hoping nothing else is fried at this point. Also anyone else have issues with Asus horrible customer service? 

20200410_112359.jpg

Disgusting! 

This is not the best. This is the Worst Mobo from all

4 minutes ago, Lfc said:

Disgusting! 

This is not the best. This is the Worst Mobo from all

Actually for its price its the best, or tied for the best motherboard. 

8 minutes ago, boey said:

I've been outright told by my computer parts guy that I shouldn't buy ASUS products, even though they're more expensive and he can make more money off of them.

The spesific product you bought is good. 

Likely you got a poor batch or unit. 

The moment you overclocked an extra phase turned on which wasnt propper. 

23 minutes ago, Jjohnson2491 said:

Any clue what would've caused this? I am just hoping nothing else is fried at this point. Also anyone else have issues with Asus horrible customer service? 

Short circuit from a bad product batch or bad unit. 

Should be very straight forward to return the unit. 

24 minutes ago, Jjohnson2491 said:

600 watt Thermaltake smart power supply

While probably not having a lot to do with the motherboard failing. You should probably swap this PSU. As its a pretty poor unit. 

36 minutes ago, boey said:

You have a good board, just bad luck. Get in touch with the seller or Asus and ask for assistance so that you can ship it back. Also, look into a different power supply. The TT Smart models are rather shit

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

You have a good board, just bad luck. Get in touch with the seller or Asus and ask for assistance so that you can ship it back. Also, look into a different power supply. The TT Smart models are rather shit

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

Reasoning behind it was customer service, not that their products are bad. Also the price premium for the branding is not worth it(especially in my country)

2 minutes ago, boey said:

Reasoning behind it was customer service, not that their products are bad. Also the price premium for the branding is not worth it(especially in my country)

Customer support varies greatly by country. Asus are very solid over here but suck dick in the UK

2 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Customer support varies greatly by country. Asus are very solid over here but suck dick in the UK

Ah. Still ASUS don't have customer service like EVGA or Corsair which are(i think) universally superb

5 minutes ago, boey said:

Also the price premium for the branding is not worth it(especially in my country)

They dont really have a price premium for their products in the X570 linup........ In fact their lineup is very resonably priced, some products being excellent for the money.

Regional pricing is a different matter. 

2 minutes ago, boey said:

Ah. Still ASUS don't have customer service like EVGA or Corsair which are(i think) universally superb

They do. Perhaps not in your country...... In which case talk to the store or other paths to Asus support. 

21 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

They dont really have a price premium for their products in the X570 linup........ In fact their lineup is very resonably priced, some products being excellent for the money.

Regional pricing is a different matter. 

They do. Perhaps not in your country...... In which case talk to the store or other paths to Asus support. 

Yeah, in my country ASUS is usually 30-40% more expensive than other stuff, like a ASUS ROG Strix 2070 Super is $150USD more than a Zotac RTX 2070 Super Amp Extreme, even though both are flagship and have similar cooling

23 minutes ago, boey said:

Yeah, in my country ASUS is usually 30-40% more expensive than other stuff, like a ASUS ROG Strix 2070 Super is $150USD more than a Zotac RTX 2070 Super Amp Extreme, even though both are flagship and have similar cooling

Also worth noting that comparing flagship to flagships doesnt allways give the best picture in terms if what their pricing is. Especially the strix models of graphics cards that are known to charhe auite the premium. 

And again regional pricing. Mid to high range models are sometimes sold for less than they otherwise would have.